Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey , my 2007 outlander has always been a little finicky when I turn the key on and the kill switch it sometimes has a delayed start , or nothing happens and I have to turn everything off and try again. Had the bike since new. Have 2 keys so that’s not the issue.
This time I went to turn it on and something happened , all the lifts in the gauge cluster stats blinking and making a funny noise for 4 seconds and then a few lights stay on. Shifter says park , even if it’s not and nothing happens when I try and start. Headlights don’t turn on , winch doesn’t power up. I do hear a fuel pump.
Sounds like a ignition module or control module , if it has a brain it sounds like it popped , I have checked all fuses and connectors. Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas on what I can try.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Could be your key switch. They have been known to have issues. You can take it apart, clean any corrosion and add a dab of dielectric grease to it and see if it helps. Kill switches often get corrosion in then too.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yeah sounds like you've got a weak/dying relay there. Check 'em out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts