Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum here. I have a 2007 outlander 800 that I bought needing a new gearbox. I rode the bike around some with the old gearbox and was impressed on the power the bike had. The bike came with a dynatek piggy back programmer that I pulled off after reading comments on their poor quality. At the same time I replaced the gearbox I replaced the wiring harness on the right side of the motor for injectors gearbox sensors etc.. Anyways the bike now back together only runs half speed like it's in limp mode but no check engine light is on. When checking codes it only showed an active code for 4wd actuator sensor (0800) could this cause a limp mode and possibly the light on my cluster is just out? Or does my tps sensor need to be re zero ed after i unplugged it to change out the old wiring harness? I just changed the plugs and its holding steady 51 on the fuel pressure. Really not sure what it could be. I know it needs to go on the buds system but I was hoping someone might have some insight into what I'm possibly getting into? Thanks in advance and glad to be part of the site

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its showing accurate speed, however when I tried to pull the speed sensor it was seized inside the gearbox to the point I had to break it to get it out. So hopefully this fixes my problem. I know it has something to do with that harness or the new/used gearbox I installed. Just going to replace one thing at a time, hopefully that does the trick. I'll post results in a couple days

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I pulled the speed sensor out of my old gearbox tonight and installed. It seemed to help but still half speed. Runs alright no backfiring or sputtering, revs fine in neutral/park Just isn't wheelie pulling powerful. I'm topping out around 30 in high.
Low gear feels close to stock, could this be a belt issue? I dont feel or smell belt slippage. Just really feels like limp mode but there's no light

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Or does my tps sensor need to be re zero ed after i unplugged it to change out the old wiring harness?
If you didn't bother its setting, this shouldn't be contributing to the issue, but afaik, a "functioning" TPS wouldn't set a code, even if out of alignment.

No codes at all?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you didn't bother its setting, this shouldn't be contributing to the issue, but afaik, a "functioning" TPS wouldn't set a code, even if out of alignment.

No codes at all?
Just the 0800 code for mil request on 4wd shift coupler. Sometimes it shows on display after toggling lights and other times it says active pcode then END. It might help to add my chip in my key is pretty worn. Sometimes I have to wiggle it to make the connection to DESS before it will start. But it was never a problem once it was running. Or in the past anyways. At least I know it's not the tps now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to check that out I think you might be onto something
So I checked out the secondary. Everything looked good but after it was all together I noticed while riding that the secondary sheaves are not opening to allow the belt to grab and its slipping on the top end. What could this be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was wrong, I was checking in high gear as I drove around. It actually is spreading just not as I drive around. I put the bike in neutral and everything looks good when I rev it. Spreads no problems and primary closes no problem. So it's just not getting the power to the primary or gearbox like it should.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts