Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’m looking at purchasing a 2007 renegade 800. No power steering. Great shape with 250 hours and 2000 miles. Does that seem like a lot for a used quad?
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I do the math it seems like those miles were put on going extremely slow. Reason for concern?

·
Registered
2021 outlander 850 XTP MAX
585 Posts
I got an 2014 500 XTP outlander in my stable and it’s got almost 3,000 miles on it. So 2000 on a 2007 sound pretty damn good

·
Registered
443 Posts
Very low usage for that year machine.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,788 Posts
Potentially, the cluster could have been replaced with a used one from a low-mileage 'gade, but I'm more (rightfully so) interested in engine hours, than miles, either way. Some owners idle their bikes for extended periods of time, or just kinda putt around on 'em. My '07 gade had 170 hrs on it, at ~7yrs old, rumor has it the old man just used it to check his fence lines, so lots of slow speed operation, could be the same for yours.

There's a video on youtube regarding a PS install on an '07 gade, I don't know of anything that says "it can't be done"

·
Registered
2 Posts
IT DEPENDS HOW MANY HRS RECOMENDED BEFORE REBUILD AND WHERE IT WAS USED MUD HIGH MT FLAT FARMLAND WOODS AND SWAMP THOSE MOTORS ARE BULLET PROOF RUN HOT BUT HOLY SHIT DO THEY PULL MAJOR TORQUE LIKE NO OTHER THEY HAVE SMOOTH POWER THAT WILL GET U THERE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts