Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an 2008 outlander 800, I have an hmf pipe on it but, I am trying to figure out an way to make it go faster??? if you have any ideals or suggestions on how i can get this done please share......

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Lots of time you can do things to the suspension to allow you to ride it harder, faster and longer that are more reliable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A clutch kit would probably be your first option. Then I would move towards an 09 intake and filter followed with a PC3 or 5

·
Registered
74 Posts
The best and most performance gains you will get from any engine is lots of air and fuel in and get fumes out asap.
So performance air filter,re mapping and full exhaust system would be the cheapest way to get the greatest gains.After that you will be looking at money,and there are endless things you can do to tune a engine,You could spend a few thousand and get high lift cams to make 3 bhp more and not even notice the diffrence,then fit a snorkle kit disrupt air flow and lose the 3 bhp :)
Every thing you do will also jeopardise reliability,so unless your racing you need to ask your self if its worth it.
Or find someone who tunes these things every engine has its pros and cons.
You should be fine with full exhaust system,air filter and power commader and it will make a difference (saying that it depends how good the OE equipment is on these things) Any more than that (if youre not racing) maybe consider a different engine or bike to get the gains you require.
I confuse my self sometimes :) Rotax engines may have to much squish in the heads?and all you need is the heads skimmed?

i dont know THE engine but i do know engines,so unless no one else has anything better to add go with FULL exhaust,air filter and power comader.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Saying all that Skioutty is right,im sure any racer would want the suspension set up and brakes before they touched the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts