Can-Am ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
yeah I think I kinda of like the white too.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
It's time for suzuki to step up though with a big twin.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
The HP ratings below are from 2007 models, but should be the same.

Does Suzuki make a 500?

Can-Am Outlander 800__61.7 hp
Can-Am Outlander 650__55.4 hp
Kawasaki BF750 Carb___50.1 hp
Sportsman 800_________50.1 hp
Kawasaki BF750 EFI____49.8 hp
Suzuki KQ700__________48.5 hp
Yamaha Grizzly 700____45.6 hp
Sportsman 700_________44.3 hp
AC 700________________41.4 hp
Kawasaki BF650________41.4hp
Yamaha Grizzly 660____40.9 hp
Can Am Outlander 500__40.4 hp
AC 650 H1_____________39.3 hp
Honda Rincon 680______38.5 hp
Suzuki KQ450__________36.7 hp
Sportsman 500 EFI_____36.0hp
Sportsman 500 HO______34.5hp
Honda Rubicon_________33.9hp
Arctic Cat 500________32.0hp
Sportsman 450_________29.7hp
Can-Am Outlander 400__28.9hp
Honda Foreman 4x4_____26.9hp
Honda Rancher 420_____26.1hp
Yamaha Grizzly 450____26.0 hp
Yamaha Grizzly 400____26.0 hp
Yamaha Big Bear 400___22.9 hp

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Here is a good source for that sort of info. The down load PDFs are not working on my computer tonight for some reason. But if yo uscroll down to the susuki section and click on the model you are looking for. If it works right you should see its california PEA certificate that will indicate its power either in KW or HP. If KW, you will have to convert it.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/ofhrv/ofmcatv_comply/2009/2009.php

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
My computer must not be working right. The quads were all coded strangely.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thats a great reffernce tool, I didn't know we had that conversion page on here. Is that new?

I can see that coming in handy. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
After getting to experince the new Polaris with EPS, and the grizz last week with EPS, I am thinking more than ever this new KQ with EPS, is going to be a very nice combination, making for a very good trail quad at a lesser price than some of the larger bore machines.

A buddy is looking into getting one of these 09 750s with EPS, I am looking forward to taking it for spin to see first hand how well the Suzuki EPS system stacks up against the others.

On paper this looks to be a really nice quad.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
That will be a great review for us if you can get a ride on that cc. I have a friend as well who is looking at the suzuki kq. Is it me, they just seem like a good comfortable, smooth, all around quad. Not the best at anything, but not bad at much either.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Yep , thats been my take on our 2005 KQ700 out at the cabin. It was one of the early models that had the ECM shoot craps practically right out of the box. We had something like 30 miles on it and had to tow it back in. That was common problem on the very first ones back in 2005. Since then we have had 0 problems outof it.The KQisjust a good all around trail quad.

With all the improvement to this 09' model exspecially the new EPS feature. It has got to be a good choice for the average consumer. Most of forum junkies are hard core enthuisiest so I am not sure it will get a great deal of coverage by the peeps, but I think its a well rounded machine well worthmentioning to fokes that are looking for a solid trail machine that will do most anything well.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts

·
Registered
12,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Vodoo, if i remember right you were running aftermarket wheels and tires pretty much day one on your KQ????

If so greg and I had talked a little about that in the past. I think that the wider you push the tires out and the more aggressive the tread pattern is, the more feedback you will recieve in the bars. Suzuki use a ridiculess smooth treaded tire on them stock, that isthe way ours has been nowever since we got it, bone stock.I think that is why Inever noticed the feedback you mentioned. But it would make since that is why the differece inour ride impressions. Now for the most part aftermarket wheels and tires is about the first thing everyone does. So I am really looking forward to seeing if the EPS sytem can help the issues you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
the "black brush" ones look real nice, but it's $600 extra. I wonder why so much? is it just paint or what? Camo is $300 more than red & green which is the common price hike up here for "special" colours.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts