Can-Am ATV Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Ya, I think so too. I am still kicking around the idea a little of maybe selling that old Twin peaks I just got back on that 3 way trade deal, that I did with the 800R, and maybe picking up one of these 750 EPS models later this year. Still a big maybe at this point though. I want to see the 2010s before I make up my mind, and I would like to see how bad this economey is going to get before spending the money to upgrade the old twin peaks.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Ya, better wait, most modds dont bring but a few cents on the dollar when comes time to sell a used quad. If something really great and gotta have it and have it now sorta machine comes out, you will be kicking yourself for putting more money into the 09. I know exactly what you mean.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice review. Sounds like a very good machine. The 750 EPS will probably be even nicer.

However, it is kind of dumb the way you have to go about checking the oil. Not a big deal though.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Ya the 750 would be well worth the few extra bucks IMO. Two of the things that make the 750 stand out over the Grizz 700 IMO are missing on the 500 KQ, both the 3rd headlight, and the auxilary pull start are only on the 750 KQs. The 750 KQ EPS is on my short list of possible future quads to add to the stable.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Me too. I want to know how the system compares to the grizz's.

·
Registered
850 Posts
CC in your post #61 it said the 750 KQ dry weight was 672 lb. is that right? i thought the japs had an agreement to keep them under 605 lb. I hope they did away with that. kawisaki could use a little more beef in the fram dept and suz and yam need v twins then i may look there way again.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
The atraction I have to the KQ is the its size and weight. If I were to ever add one of these to the stable it would not be for its power, but more for its function and that it is a little different from the other machines that I have. If I know I am going to be doing a all day ride in tight technical trails, where size and weight can become an issue, I think the KQ is top contender. I am however pretty well satisfied so far with the 850 EPS Polaris, but this machine I could see having a few advanates in certan sitautions.

On another note. I am not sure if this has been posted here before or not, but here is a video I ran accross of how the KQs are made. I tured the Kawi plant in Nebraska a couple times, seems the process is pretty much the same. Maybe the same for most all quads.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/rq-K3vi_Or8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
55 Posts
cc1999,

What are the advantages that you think the 750 KQ EPS will have?

In my next ATV, I'm looking for something that has a bit more power than my 500 HO. I don't care if it's the fastest ATV on the block... just more power than my Sportsman. I think the 750 KQ should meet those expectations. Interested in hearing about the other things you see in the KQ.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
The main things I like about the EPS KQ750, is one it has EPS a key feature that will have to be there on any future quads that will interest me, two I like that its more compact not only in width but also wheelbase, both are really helpfull on tight trails, the KQs are also much lighter than the Polaris or the Outlanders, also nice if stuck in tight spot and need to drag the back or front end around. It has excelent ground clearance. It has better ergos IMO then the grizz. Also a larger motor than the grizz. The KQ 750s still have a backup pull starter for emergency starts should your battery go down out on the trail. I like the left hand gated shifter, it adds to the manoverabilty factor, in that you can work the gas and brakes and change directions all very quickly with ease.

Thats just sort of short list of things I like about the new 750 EPS KQ.

On a sort of minor note, I realy like the new white plastics, white plastics should hold up really well to scapes from brush and limbs in the tight wooded trails.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Other than the EPS.....CC has described the 08 KQ 700 I owned to a T....it was extremely versatile and handled great due to the dimensions and lighter weights....I would imagine the EPS would only make it better and with the 750 upgrade in power...Should be a perfect trail machine...
The 700 I had was not lacking for power either..it would get up and go pretty well, especially after I had the Copper Head ECU installed...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
55 Posts
The KQ 750 is almost the same size as my 500. Plus, at 672 lbs. curb weight, the KQ is only a little lighter than my 500. Not sure what the "curb" weight of 500 would be... it's 696 lbs dry weight.

I'm hoping that the similar size will produce similar riding characteristics... with a bit more power from the KQ.

We'll see... I'm still "shopping". LOL

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I will say I am suprised at how close in size the specs show them to be. I sure would have bet on the KQ being noticably smaller than the HO 500, maybe its just the way the extra wide seat and the way the polaris has the belt drive sticking out so far on the one side that makes it just feel bigger than it is. Wheel base was also a bit of a suprise both were the same 50.5" and 50.6" and the witdth was the other really big suprise the KQ was only half inch narrower. Thats probably why the KQ feels so much more comforatable than grizz does to me. The grizz feels almost too small to me, the KQ is mcuh more comforatable for me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep, after sitting on a 750 KQ, I didn't think there was that much difference in size. The specs confirm it.

The 50 or 60 lbs difference in curb weight shouldn't be that big of a deal. I would think the KQ should have pretty nice ride characteristics similar to the Sportsman. Although, the suspension could make a big difference.

I intend on taking a 750 KQ EPS for a test spin as soon as they are available.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Anyone seen a King 750 EPS at a dealer yet??? They just as well call the new KQ a 2010 at this point.

Can-am is anouncing there 2010s in two weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Something must have went wrong pretty bad for this to happen. Maybe at the very last stage of production, it didn't pass a test?

81 - 99 of 99 Posts