Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to fuel prices, and Hondas love of gutless ATV's, their engineers have given the loyal Honda fans an all new 2 seater platform for 2010. The new Rincon "McDonalds Edition"

Attachments

Reactions: BRPFan

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sweet Jesus I thought it serious lol!!! The Rincon has everything you need for a good trail bike they just need to add the lower gears...They already have EPS so why they don't put it on their flagship ATV? Their website says the Rincon is the best the most powerful and all this bull...Why they hype the Rincon's power like that is the main selling point of the machine...When in fact its probably the least of the pluses as the Rincon is pretty weak for a big bore and the tranny hurts in this area to..

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rincons get alot of grief, but they are well made. ( even that was hard to say )

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
I heard that Honda is coming out with a new more powerful big bore in 2020.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Big Ern wrote:
Rincons get alot of grief, but they are well made. ( even that was hard to say )
a toe jam sandwich can be well made too. That doesn't mean it was designed/engineered well, or is desirable.

·
Registered
41 Posts

rincons do get alot of greif and i dont understand y. what they lack in power they help make up in weight. i love the aluminum arms all the way around. i have an 05 650 rincon gpscape with a few mods and it is a monster in the mud. slow as hell on road. 45-50 maxed out.
list of mods
2 inch highlifter lift
high lifter springs
28"mudzillas on type 4 c series
twin 1.5 inch snork's
k&N filter
dyno jet kit
scarry fast power now
power box
715 big bore kit
14% gear reduction kit
mud buster cam
Hmf pipe
gorilla axels
HL brust guards
HID's
3500lb mile marker
HL front disk brake conversion
HL spool locker in front end
looks like shit...BAD little cosmeticaly neglected
absolutely walks through anything. sware it would part the red sea.

just like a350 chevy, they are weak factory platforms but when built correctly they r amazing.

·
Registered
737 Posts
They are excellent ATV's. No low gear but if your using it for the intended purpose and only running 26-27" tires it has plenty of power. Most reliable and well built big bore out there, best handling, and best riding too.
Well designed is an understatement, the Rincon has perfect egronomics, is very well engineered, and built with quality materials. Sure it lacks a locker and low gears, but unless your running large tires you don't really need a lower gear, and if you do a lot of technical riding a DGL is always an option. I would love to have my Rincon back, but I wouldn't give up the 800 for it.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I believe Honda has a 600 lb. mandate on all their ATV's. 4 WD is weak and the power is pretty much gutless but adequate, nothing close to most of the other 650's-700's on the market. But it is a Honda and that name carries a LOT of credibility. An Outlander 650 would eat it up in about any category so an 800 wouldn't even be competition. It is a comfortable and well handling machine. I kind of liked having the three speed or auto. option.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well my 2 cents is pretty much the same, as most, honda are very well made atv's, yes, they don't have the power a can am has, and the 4wd is out dated, but what happends when honda catches up and comes out with a 750 with a locker.. it will be a hard atv to pass over when shopping.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
They market the Rincon as a "recreational" ATV rather then utility, I think they leave that to the Foremans and Rubicon's. I figure they stay away from a v-twin to save weight. I've also read that for safety reasons they don't want their utilities to be too powerful because of their weight. I think the Rincon topped out at 61 mph, my buddies Beartracker 250 tops out at 53 but takes a while LOL. There is no bypassing the limiter either like our Outlanders/Renegades.

·
Registered
737 Posts
They market the Rincon as a "recreational" ATV rather then utility, I think they leave that to the Foremans and Rubicon's. I figure they stay away from a v-twin to save weight. I've also read that for safety reasons they don't want their utilities to be too powerful because of their weight. I think the Rincon topped out at 61 mph, my buddies Beartracker 250 tops out at 53 but takes a while LOL. There is no bypassing the limiter either like our Outlanders/Renegades.
The 680 tops out around 65mph and the 650 tops out at 66-68. Dynatek makes an ignition box for the 650 that will remove the forward and reverse speed limiters, remove the reverse rev limiter, and raise the forward rev limiter by 1000rpm. It also has four different timing curves, and allows for much more spark energy. With this box and no other mods, the 650 will do around 70-71mph. The power increase is comparable to a pipe/filter/jet kit or tuner combo.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Interesting, I could never get my 650 over 61 no matter how far I went it sat at 61.

·
Registered
250 Posts
A friend of mine had a Rincon and his only complaint was going down steep inclines, not enough engine braking

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Engine braking? The Rincon has this? LOL

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
want to see a rinny with 50 hp and a locker,,,nice.. still got my 05 650,,,2500 miles on it,,,no work done to it,,,still got original brake pads,,,there reliable cuz their simple,,no locker,,,not much power,,like a ole dodge dart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow.. is it just me, or does honda seem to be coming up with a lot of newer models with improvements from previous ones? no complaints here though.. this is very good for their followers.

·
Registered
199 Posts
engine braking? The rincon has this? Lol

ya it is called the brakes......hey there raider mike.....i have a rincon as well as the rene.....

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't buy that Honda reliability fodder, it's outdated information. Are they still putting drum brakes on everything other than the Rincons? And, how do you like that slap you get when Hondas change gears, smooth, Heh? They're carbed models have the same issues as anybody's. Hondas are comparably overpriced, just like Can-Ams. But, inexperienced operators won't burn belts(they'll just wear out diffs), BFD.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts