Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I have a 2010 Renegade, and i tried to start it today and all i heard was a clicking sound coming from the back of the bike. Also i noticed that on the display the H/N is blinking every time i try and start it. I do have power to the head and taillights. Anyone have any ideas!

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Is it in park or neutral? Did you try pulling in the brake lever and starting it? Is the kill switch in the "on" position? Just throwing out suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is in the neutral position, the kill switch is in the on position and I just tried to pull the break lever inn while starting it and i still have a clicking sound with no start.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Sounds to me like a dead battery or a loose battery connection. Oh, a little trick to keep in the back of your mind. A friend on a 800 Outty had been running his winch then shut it off. The battery didn't have time to recover so it was too low to start it. All it would do was click when trying to start it. I have found that if you ever get out on the trail and your battery gets too low for it to start for some reason you can put it in park, turn on the switch, take a screwdriver and short out the starter solenoid and it may start.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello All!

I have a 2010 Renegade, and i tried to start it today and all i heard was a clicking sound coming from the back of the bike. Also i noticed that on the display the H/N is blinking every time i try and start it. I do have power to the head and taillights. Anyone have any ideas!

Thanks!!
It sounds like the ECM doesn't know what gear the transmission is in. normally it will start in any range if you pull the brake lever, but maybe there is some safety feature that wont let it start if it cannot determine what gear it is really in. Try checking batter voltage and connections to the starter first, it should be 12.6 volts on a fully charged battery. If that fails you might try checking the sensors on the right hand side of the transmission , these are for your gear selection display, its possible one of more have a bad connection. Just a shot in the dark, you never know.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your battery is too low on power to start.

There's enough juice to power your lights, and guage pod, because they use WAY less power than your starter.

Put it on the charger, at 2 AMPs for an hour or so, or jump start it.

When the ECM thinks you aren't in park, it won't even try to turn over, so it won't click.

Sent from Mobile HQ

·
Registered
654 Posts
I would start by checking your fuses and battery first. I am willing to bet you it is one or the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts