Can-Am ATV Forum banner

2011 Outlander 800r x mr… Dry Storage/Wet, Cooler

7403 Views 22 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  11xmr

You would think that the 2011 800r x mr made for the mud would have a DRY storage box… No WAY!!!

The two storage boxes get went,
One has a seal but water still gets in and gets everything wet, and this is the one with the tools, air hose and winch switch.

The other has no seal and fills up with water… the boxes are useless…
Ever if you don’t get it wet in the mud, when you hose it off it will get water in it…
So you will have to put everything that goes into it in a plastic baggie!!!

COOLER
I added a cooler today, making my day…
I attached the Coleman 25-Quart Party Stacker Cooler
This cooler is a Low Profile cooler, yet holds plenty!!!

Will take photos tomorrow and upload them….

Gator

See less

You would think that the 2011 800r x mr made for the mud would have a DRY storage box… No WAY!!!

The two storage boxes get went,
One has a seal but water still gets in and gets everything wet, and this is the one with the tools, air hose and winch switch.

The other has no seal and fills up with water… the boxes are useless…...
See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,431 Posts
About the only way to dry store your tools and lunch/cell phone/ wallet, etc... Is do what I do. Go to wal-martand get a dry sealable clear box about as big as a average bible and keep the things you want dry in there inside the outlander storage areas. You could get some more sealant for the lip around the storage areas.

· Registered
734 Posts
I've never owned a quad that the storage area did'nt get wet.

Me either, nor have I seen one. The only ones I seen dry were like that because of the wimps driving the bikes.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like what I will have to do... Thanks for the tip!

About the only way to dry store your tools and lunch/cell phone/ wallet, etc... Is do what I do. Go to wal-martand get a dry sealable clear box about as big as a average bible and keep the things you want dry in there inside the outlander storage areas. You could get some more sealant for the lip around the storage areas.

· Registered
458 Posts
on my 2010 outty in the back storage compartment...my stays dry as a bone...even when under water...

here is what I do...and nothing I have in there gets wet...(I keep my iphone in there...now I do have a dust proof pelican case for it tho)

· Registered
26 Posts

Here are some pics of the unit you will need a rotozip with a hole attachment or a jig saw to make the cuts took me an hour to wire it up you also will need 20' of monster heavy duty speaker wire and a roll of 8 or 10 gauge electrical wire.. I soldiered my speaker wire to the speakers as I have found after building about 10 of these boxes for friends the wire clips on speakers come loose also get a tube of for a gasket to run a bead around the speakers where the screws go to seal it up and put a piece of insulation I used r 15 unfaced inside the box it makes it sound tons better here is the link to the speakers on ebay as well oh you need to order the proper sleeve kit for your ipod so that it fits into the fusion dock I have an Ipod touch gen 3 it uses sleeve combo a and c it is very nice if you want speaker on the front put four on the atvoomer box run speaker wire while you are running your remote and buy two 6" pipe couplings two 6" caps and some pipe glue and you need a short piece of 6" pipe to cup to slide into the open end the speakers will go so you can screw them in and 2 more bolts mount the speakers in the pipe and run the wire through the back of it, silicon the hole the speaker wire went through put some insulation in the coupling hook the speakers too it and screw the speakers to the pipe coupling on each side of your radio then bolt them to your rack.. after you paint them with krylon plastic fusion paint of course! Or you can buy wake board tower speakers for 250 a pair this way you will have about 50 a pair in them and have the same thing.. hope all this helps if you need any assistance give me a shout!
JBL MS6100 6" Dual Cone Marine Speaker - Silver - eBay (item 250683633911 end time Sep-15-10 09:34:45 PDT)

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
COOLER
I added a cooler today, making my day…
I attached the Coleman 25-Quart Party Stacker Cooler
This cooler is a Low Profile cooler, yet holds plenty!!!

· Registered
739 Posts
on my 2010 outty in the back storage compartment...my stays dry as a bone...even when under water...

here is what I do...and nothing I have in there gets wet...(I keep my iphone in there...now I do have a dust proof pelican case for it tho)

YouTube - Me in Dieppe NB

Nice. Would you guys put a camera in the rear storage too?

I have a Nikon D40.

· Registered
202 Posts
My 2007 Outty's storage is far from dry. I love the machine, but the back box gets wet when lightly hosing it down after a dusty ride.

I made the mistake of not checking on my tools the first winter - I will never store anything but fish there anymore!

· Registered
62 Posts
The back one where the tools are has a plug in it right under the tools.I took my tools out and put the winch remote in a plastic bag and sealed it then pulled the plug. The one right behind the seat will be getting a small hole drilled in it....

· Registered
32 Posts
ok, i have to go on a rant for a few seconds. i took my XMR out today and blew two tires off the rim. Man was i pissed off come on Can AM, The nice people on the trail that helped me out to re-seat the tire on the rim which was the only thing impressive took a rachet strap put it around the tire as tight as they could used the air pump on my XMR to fill up the tire. Ok so I am back on the trail to limp home, but here is my question please help. They said i should have been running around 15 to 20 psi in the tires not 7 psi from the factory. If anyone can give me any insight on this it would be a great help.

· Registered
478 Posts
Here is my question please help. They said i should have been running around 15 to 20 psi in the tires not 7 psi from the factory. If anyone can give me any insight on this it would be a great help.
Good question. Never heard of running that much air. A friend runs 9 in his Grizzly. I've never run more than 6 and never had a problem.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes that would look good! For now the Cooler only came in Red, Green and Brown.... So since it’s a MUD ATV I chosen Brown... But a good paint job would be cool...

My main concern was to secure it tight and make it easily removable, which I accomplished...

Gator

You should paint that cooler black/yellow

· Registered
37 Posts
I have to say my Polaris stays 100 % dry also....and I sink it. I put my 800R mr through some water last night and it got wet.....boo

Gator....how are those snorkels you made working out? Did you get your skids yet? I just ordered mine today, so hopefully I can test them out next weekend it upstate NY.

I am also waiting on an HMF Swamp xl slip on to show up. I didnt want to get the full exaust, cause first off the quad doesn't need it, and second I didnt want to have to do anything with programmers that are useless and from most accounts dont really improve the quad at all

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I go mudding I do not carry a camera!
I just got back from mudmuckers after spending a three day event there mudding...

My Outty had a ton of mud and clay baked on and piled up...

I took out my pressure washer, knocked off the heavy stuff, top and bottom, than sprayed with Awesome and hosed off, than washed with car soap...
Spent over two hrs cleaning it….

It looks brand new again!

Now going to relax…

Gator

hey Gator when are you going to get that bike muddy lol. Every picture we see that bike is as clean as a whistle

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.