Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Changing these fluids today and I have searched everywhere to find the proper amounts to add. I am using 75/140 royal purple for both the rear diff and the gearbox. Can someone give me the right spec amounts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the record I called the dealership and they said to fill it to top of the fill bolt. I know that isn't right for the rear diff. I tried to call canam and they referred me to my dealership. Worthless. Asked them to purchase a 2011 outlander xxc shop manual and they had no idea which one to get. Tried to find it online but there isnt a 2011 outlander xxc manual. Assuming maybe I need the 2010 renegade xxc manual. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
809 Posts
2010 manual say's: Gearbox 400ml or 14US oz, Rear Diff. 250ml or 8.5US oz, Front Diff. 500ml or 17US oz.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
From 2011 renegade manual.

Gear box 400ml /14 us oz
rear diff 250ml /8.5 us oz

If your worried about it. just measure the amount and go.

Reactions: matttaylor77

·
Registered
954 Posts
There are 2 manuals for xxc. Moving and can't get hands on them. One is older outty manual, and older renny one. There isn't one just for outty xc. Have both in desktop can send copy later. Filled to top.

Reactions: matttaylor77

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Decomp I should have just called u but I figured I bug u with enough questions. :) man what a pain in the ass having to remove the whole footboard to get to the drainplug. Staying true to the Canam reputation of being hard to get to anything I guess.

There are 2 manuals for xxc. Moving and can't get hands on them. One is older outty manual, and older renny one. There isn't one just for outty xc. Have both in desktop can send copy later. Filled to top.
I will pm u my email address. Would love to have these as I am not the most mechanically savvy person around but I can follow instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts