Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 2011 can am renegade 500 stock with mud tires. It seems to be hitting the rev limiter around 20-25 mph???? Gone threw quad cleaned sensors new fuel pump plugs and wires. Timing is good compression is good. Was told it was the ecu so bought a used one and still doing it. Any help?

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,097 Posts
Welcome to the site

Is the engine cutting out, low in the rpm range? Or is the motor tach'ing out, and the belt slipping is limiting the top speed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site

Is the engine cutting out, low in the rpm range? Or is the motor tach'ing out, and the belt slipping is limiting the top speed?
Rpms are about 6500 ish. In gear driving i can watch the belt and it never reaches the top of clutches. In park it will reach the top of clutches.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,097 Posts
When's the last time you cleaned/serviced your clutches, changed the belt?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were taken apart just recently checked over and new belt. Everything seemed fine. Im at a loss with this thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You sure you're in H ?
When in park or neutral i watch the clutch and the belt will ride right to the top when rev up but in gear it will only go halfway up clutch. Like it hits a limiter and thats it.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,097 Posts
So the motor starts cutting out/missing, under load?

·
Registered
Green 2006 outlander 400 XT, yellow 06 outlander 400 max XT
185 Posts
was the problem before or after the clutch being removed? I have a 2006 outlander 400 and when I put the primary clutch together I had the collar, part #22 for your renegade clutch, in backwards and it definitely affected how the clutch worked. I believe it does not let the outer half slide in all the way to squeeze the belt.

·
Registered
Green 2006 outlander 400 XT, yellow 06 outlander 400 max XT
185 Posts
Did the problem happen before or after taking the clutch off though?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts