Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts and idles perfectly. But full on the throttle I'm getting about 23 mph. It will occasionally perhaps when i hit some bumps give me power back. Its backfiring a little bit as well.
I feel like one of the plugs isnt firing or timing is off? There isn't any sputtering and it feels good just no power.
I'm a motorcycle guy so atvs are a little different to me. Any ideas where to start are appreciated. I'm going to swap plugs, clean air filter, check fuel lines and compression.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
when i hit some bumps give me power back.
Check your plug wires real good, from CDI all the way to plug. Sounds like you've got a borderline connection/plug wire that's just hanging on, and bumps temporarily restore a good fire.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Starts and idles perfectly. But full on the throttle I'm getting about 23 mph. It will occasionally perhaps when i hit some bumps give me power back. Its backfiring a little bit as well.
I feel like one of the plugs isnt firing or timing is off? There isn't any sputtering and it feels good just no power.
I'm a motorcycle guy so atvs are a little different to me. Any ideas where to start are appreciated. I'm going to swap plugs, clean air filter, check fuel lines and compression.

There was a TSB out for the speed sensors for our bikes .
It sounds like a broken wire or a loose connection somewhere to me though .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts