Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy will get his new 2011 Honda Rincon 680 in december. He dont speak english, so he asked me to ask you guys some questions.

Any experience with a power commander on this bike ?
Stock exhaust or change to an aftermarket version ?
Any suggestions, etc.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
327 Posts
Why even mess with a Honda? Why put extra money into something when you could spend that money on any other atv and get better performance.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I saw this thread since it has started but i have no answers for you, sorry.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
My buddy had a rinny. What exactly is he looking for?

The power commander will do some good and will do even better properly tuned.

Tyler.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
All bikes will benefit from a few upgrades. A slip on will probably work better with a less restrictive air filter. Then the PC to get the air/fuel where it should be will be the best move. Not sure how much more you can get out of the Honda power plant but there should be a little there to get out if it.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Depending on what he's trying to do, a big red gear reduction is some serious stuff. If he is looking for more of a mud and trail riding and wants some more low end grunt he needs to do that. My buddy's rinny ran 30 backs and 31 lows on it and it could spin them in almost anything.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i think the gear reduction takes alot of top speed away, mine does 64ish. i have an 05 rincon, but i leave it stock, y bother its still not gonna beat the big bores, but the ride/handleing is quite awesome.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Nice FMF powerline stainless exhaust, twin air or UNI filter, a pc5 and a set of 26-27" tires and he'll have the best trail bike out there. As far as ride and handling goes the Rinny will own an outty, at least a 06-11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice FMF powerline stainless exhaust, twin air or UNI filter, a pc5 and a set of 26-27" tires and he'll have the best trail bike out there. As far as ride and handling goes the Rinny will own an outty, at least a 06-11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THAT sounds good. I will tell him and see, what he's thinking about.

BUT I never had a Rincon and never driven one and I believe the Rincon will be a good bike, BUT I dont think that a Rincon could "OWN" an Outty !

:yahoo:

Cu,
Sven

1 - 13 of 13 Posts