Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 outty 800xt. I want a slip on HMF swamp series. NOT XL. Anyone do any real tests to see how the machine is running (lean/rich) with out a programmer? No well it worked for me kinda answers haha. I want a slip on that is close to stock but a little better tone. I took the spark arrestor out of my stock exhaust and a screw broke (when the machine only had 6 miles on it) so now the cover rattles and i hate it. LOL

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Why not just buy someones stock take off for real cheap?

HMF is nothing impressive in my opinion.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree HMF swamp series is nothing outstanding but they have one thing going for them. The packing dosent blow out every tank of fuel. LOL Ive had big gun evo... to HMF sport.... to yosh RS.... to HSP speedworx on past atvs with no luck. And the way Im looking at it is if my bolts broke at only 6 miles on my stock muffler whats going to happen with another one. Haha. IDK I guess I will just buy and see what happens.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Id never recommend big gun to anyone

Had one on my rincon and it fell apart even after welding it shut, total junk, rincon now has a hmf swamp series non Xl and has been problem free ever since

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've ran HMF pipes on my quads for years. Never a problem. They sound good, run excellent, and are easy to tune a carb to.

When I bought my Outty 800R recently, it had one already on it, which was a relief for me...But since this one is mainly for hunting, I need to buy a quiet core and a spark arrestor for it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I see you have the performance series. I never had one of those on a utility but I did on a 400ex and it was loud. The swamp non XL is supposed to only be around 2 DB over stock but a better deeper tone. Plus it wont rattle like my stocker. LOL. IMO the Swamp non XL shouldnt need a programmer because it is still fairly restrictive like the stock muffler. The XL is a little more straight threw and I would probably recommed one. But I do not want loud I want good tone as I ride mine to work in town nearly every day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts