Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having issues with a few things on my SXS.

1. the nut on the rear axle pulling out even with red lock tight

2. Tie rod ends snapping and pulling my cv's out of my axles even at low speeds. I have upgraded to the wicked built power steering and 2.0 steering box with built in steel tie rods. Also upgraded tie rod ends and 10.9 tie rode bolts. Sucks having to worry about my tie rods all day instead of having fun riding.

3. Currently after a ride. Pulled the SXS onto the trailer and it wont crank. It will turn over 1 time then nothing. Tested everything, Battery- Good but as soon as I hit the start button it goes from 12.8 to 8.1 at the lowest. Checked all the grounds and seems like the starter may be locked up. Has any one dealt with an issue like this? Is there a fast and easy way to get the starter out or do you have to take the whole belt cover and casing off to get it out?

4. Lastly I have a STM clutch and Gates Gforce Kevlar belt that barely lasted 20 hrs. I figured with the 30" tires that I needed a better clutch and belt but this thing barely made it half as long as the stock clutch and belt lasted. Any info would be great. I love this thing but I have had 9 rides on it with 7 having some kind of crazy expensive fix after a ride.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
1. Are you peening the end of the nut into the slot in the axle? Torquing to what?

2. What tie rod ends are you using? Stock is best.

3. Have you tried another battery? Had a bad cell in my oddysey and did the same thing.

4. Only run Gates 30C3750 or BRP 715900212 belt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts