Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 outlander 800 about a week ago. Sold the '12 850xp to get the CAN AM. So far im pretty happy with the change. But there is a few things I don't like. First off I hate the front suspension. Way to soft even maxed out...... Every corner is on 3 wheels. I am seeing that people are doing pipe lifts or cam lock lift on the older models or the new 1000 but cant find anything on the 800. I am unsure if they are the same or different. Please chip in and help me out.... Whether they are the same or different what is the I/D and O/D of the pipe I should get??? I already know im going to shoot for 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" for the height I just need to know what to do here. I would order Highlifter/EPI/STI HD front springs but I can only find G1 and 1000 G2's springs. If the 1000 front is the same I will just order them instead of pipe lift. NOW FOR MY OTHER COMPLAINT! I cant stand how skinny the front of the quad is but I like the stock XT wheels so im thinking 1" aluminum spacers.... Anybody got any thoughts on this. Cheapest ones ive found was super atv. Im new to the whole can am thing but so far im lovin it! Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i did the the cam lock lift on my 13 outty 500 xt . It make a big difference ,way better in the woops . front end dive is gone. worth every penny. princess auto alum cam locks 7 bucks each. lucky i have a friend with a tire shop so i could use his spring compressor.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leader how much was the rdc kit? And what one did you order. Ive looked at so many sites including rdc i cant remember what they have. And chop what size cam lock did you use? 2" im assuming. Where can i get some of these? And the 500 is the same as 800? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
54 Posts
i did the the cam lock lift on my 13 outty 500 xt . It make a big difference ,way better in the woops . front end dive is gone. worth every penny. princess auto alum cam locks 7 bucks each. lucky i have a friend with a tire shop so i could use his spring compressor.
Can you give me some info on how or where you got this or how you made this lift? Ive got the 500 and im running 28 in OL2s and don't need the lift, but could use it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Leader how much was the rdc kit? And what one did you order. Ive looked at so many sites including rdc i cant remember what they have. And chop what size cam lock did you use? 2" im assuming. Where can i get some of these? And the 500 is the same as 800? Thanks for the help!
If my memory serves me correct I think it was only $150 and change tax and shipping in. I don't remember if there was a part number or anything, just call them or email them or send a PM on here and tell them what machine you have and you're all set. I bought it from them because it was just easier at the time. I'm not opposed to building a kit with cam locks, I just didn't have the time to do all the leg work. And for $150 with the perfect machined fit, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can you give me some info on how or where you got this or how you made this lift? Ive got the 500 and im running 28 in OL2s and don't need the lift, but could use it.

Thanks!
how does your 500 handle the 28" ol2 is there any power left?. which clutch kit due you have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts