Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any problem with these.I have a 2006 Max XT 800 and am thinking of upgrading.What do you think a used one with 550 miles is worth. Is there any updates or recalls on these. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've got one. Switched out the black for yellow (personal preference).
Has big tires, skids, etc. No issues so far. Has 550Km on it.
Only thing besides oil changes and basic servicing is that I put exhaust wrap on and had to replace the brake pads.
I wrapped the exhaust since I relocated the rad and would have less air movement under the plastics (rad fan up top) so thought it couldn't hurt to do. And brake pads are a known issue and mud and water wear them out fast.
I love the suspension and beadlocks. I do get the odd clunk when riding but that could be the shock bushings (can't tighten any more as in the cast swing arm) just a minor annoyance.
I would and will buy another XTP for my next machine.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Hey Steve, if you do upgrade to a G2, and sell you G1, would you consider selling your crutchfield shocks? :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Steve, if you do upgrade to a G2, and sell you G1, would you consider selling your crutchfield shocks? :)
The plan is to trade my bike for his plus 5000. If he wants more I guess I could put the stock shocks back on it. I'm planning on going to look at it tomorrow so I'll let you know. I want to check the vin and see where it came from and if there is any warranty left.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Cool, let us know how it goes. ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, let us know how it goes. ;)
I looked at it. It needs some TLC. Plastic is scratched from small kids riding in the back.How would you repair that as aren't these painted.The rear seat has a small hole in it. Maybe super glue would fix. Needs a good detailing but it road nice. Do you think its worth 5250 plus my bike.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
If ur talking about a 2013 xtp then it has painted fenders...if it doesnt then someone chamged them for some reason....

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
How much did he want for it straight out without trade?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much did he want for it straight out without trade?
11500.00 . I think I can get a max 1000 camo xt for 12200 new. Then just change the shocks and gauge. My big thing is there is no warranty with this xtp. God knows I used it with my 2006. Plus camo hides the scratches better IMO .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts