Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a big ride this weekend & towards the end of final day it died
The display will come on for only a few seconds and then goes blank
I found one of the 40 amp fuses had water in it and blew it out still nothing. none were blown though. also no water in fuses under pod cover. No water in display plug either. Can anyone help me with this matter

·
Registered
257 Posts
Will it start with the cluster unplugged?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't tried unplugging multifunctional gauge yet
I'll try that next I was in some water up over the fenders
& came out the other side & shut the bike off running fine
Then went to start it back up nothing

·
Registered
322 Posts
I haven't tried unplugging multifunctional gauge yet
I'll try that next I was in some water up over the fenders
& came out the other side & shut the bike off running fine
Then went to start it back up nothing
I had that happen to me also. But i hit the kill switch by accident. Try and disconecting the battery and cycle the key a few times then reconnect, maby itll reset the computer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried unplugging the display still nothing, also tried disconnecting battery and cycling key a few times still nothing
have checked every connection I can get to for water so far nothing
some of the plugs I honestly don't know how im going to get to with out disassembling the bike without busting the locks on the connecters
any more help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I tried the Grey Key, didn't work either Loxboy1
I appreciate your input I may have to bite the bullet and
take it in to dealer, sure don't want to though:th_smiliepissed:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Im guessing your out of warrenty...... I wish i knew more about these bikes to help you trouble shoot. Ive only had my canam for 4 weeks and its my first one so thers lots to learn. Try moving this thread over to the outlander section, ive found more people respond over there. If you get it going let us kno what the problem was.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar issue. I got the water to the stock snorkel opening. It was on a 2013 1000. Couple things. Check your air filter housing for water. Mine was half full. Also sit the bike out in the sun with the seat off for a couple days and don't touch it. let it dry out well. I have no Idea why Can am decided to put a porous foam gasket on the air filter housing!!! so FYI. Hope this helps. Truthfully I am scared to death to put mine in water again. A new ECM is almost a $1000. I know the air filter housing has nothing to do with electrical but any who. After the first day my gauges lite up the third day the bike started but the lights flickered bad and the forth day it was ready to go. :aniwheeler6:

P.S. I did not get water in my stock snorkel. It seeped through the gasket I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts