Can-Am ATV Forum banner

2014 Maverick question

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  LizardLord 
#1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plumbing Automotive wheel system Auto part

I realized this hose is missing, I have no clue on what this thing does lol, any help please? Trying to fix this.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the site

That's your gearbox vent hose nipple.

Should be a few feet of an oil/vapor-approved hose run to somewhere outta sight and clear of any water or mud mingling. I'll try to remember to take a look at my bike and see where it routes to.

You could do worse than to change your gear oil out, not knowing how long that's been open to the elements, you could've got some muck in there at some point.

#3 ·
Welcome to the site

That's your gearbox vent hose nipple.

Should be a few feet of an oil/vapor-approved hose run to somewhere outta sight and clear of any water or mud mingling. I'll try to remember to take a look at my bike and see where it routes to.

You could do worse than to change your gear oil out, not knowing how long that's been open to the elements, you could've got some muck in there at some point.
Thank you!, well that hose goes inside a pipe along a clear hose, and I have no clue where it leads to lol

#4 ·
It doesn't connect anything, if that's what you're wondering.

It's just a vent hose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.