Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2014 can am xmr outlander 1000 this past week. Love the bike. Now for the problem. It has the air ride suspension. It works in the rear all the time. The front works when it wants to. I don’t see any leaks. Is there anything I can do other than buying new shocks? The bike has 800 miles and 110 hours. Also what’s the cheapest way to delete the air suspension? What shocks work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2013 xmr 1000 and i hate ti break it to you but the sir shocks are garbage, the springs are too light so the front bottoms out and since the sir shock is thicker, they don't make HD springs for them. The air selection sometimes works snd sometimes doesn't. I bought mine used and i have tried everything to fix it, new air lines, spring spacers and still rides like garbage. I am planning to order Elka Stage 3's snd install them this winter. Since they are custom built to your preference and riding style, the should be perfectly tuned out of the box. Save the money you would spend trying to fix the unfixable and buy new shocks. Sorry for the bad news. With a few mods, ut is a killer bike though

1 - 2 of 2 Posts