Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there new here! Just bought a brand new xmr 800 on the G2 chassis and hoping I've made the right choice coming from a yamaha! I picked it up last Wednesday and took it out for a good rip this Saturday and first thing that happened was I had some coolant leaking out of the overflow jug from somewhere and tried to silicone it but still leaks! Then I got barrier in a creek but not over the factory snorkels and the engine light came on and said "limp mode home" I shut it down when I got it out of the creek and re started it and the light went out! And to top it off the front end makes a pretty good clunking sound when your at low speeds and let on and off the throttle which one of the mechanics took for a boot and tried to tell me they all do that. However my buddy has the same bike only the 1000 and his makes no noise like that!
Any ideas or is this bike going to be a lemon?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the same bike with the same noise its just clutch noise. I almost think if your buddies isnt doing it, it either has aftermarket clutches or maybe the 1000 has somthing different with the clutches. I would take it to the dealer for the coolant issue. I have read several ads of guys having issues with coolant leaks. I have been lucky and haven't had a problem yet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the same bike with the same noise its just clutch noise. I almost think if your buddies isnt doing it, it either has aftermarket clutches or maybe the 1000 has somthing different with the clutches. I would take it to the dealer for the coolant issue. I have read several ads of guys having issues with coolant leaks. I have been lucky and haven't had a problem yet.
mine makes noises too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts