Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 can am maverick max rs that over heats but radiator stays cool. I’ve replaced thermostat,water impeller,temperature sensor and still over heating. Any ideas

·
Registered
930 Posts
Is the water pump spinning when the engine is running?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
Mac- when you say it's overheating but the rads cool, what symptoms are you getting? Coolant out of the overflow? Or gauge pegged? Or?

Curiosity I've got is if it's just a faulty sending unit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mac- when you say it's overheating but the rads cool, what symptoms are you getting? Coolant out of the overflow? Or gauge pegged? Or?

Curiosity I've got is if it's just a faulty sending unit
It gets real hot . It comes up to the tee down the thermostat and back to motor but doesn’t go to the radiator. I’ve checked the tee and it’s not clogged. I even took the thermostat out the old one and let the Copland flow freely and still get overheated.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
You're not confusing the mid-teen's bikes putting off abnormally/uncomfortable amounts of heat, and an actual overheating engine, are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It gets real hot . It comes up to the tee down the thermostat and back to motor but doesn’t go to the radiator. I’ve checked the tee and it’s not clogged. I even took the thermostat out the old one and let the Copland flow freely and still get overheated.
coolant

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
597 Posts
May need to raise the front up in the air to burp the system like we have to do on the Outlanders?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts