Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of waiting...I finally picked up my '15 Outlander 1000 Max XT. What a bike. Some real nice changes from the '06 that I used to have.

One thing though...for taking extra fuel...what are you guys doing? I had a Princess Auto gas caddy that easily mounted onto my '06 but I don't see anywhere that it would mount on to the '15.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the rack extension on the front of my Max and just bungee a 10l can on there.

Just noticed you're in NL. Whereabouts?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Jamie .. I'm in CBS.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
you don't have a template by chance?

No I just winged it one day, I'm testing it out now to see if it works great
Basically start with a 1/4" aluminum plate 11-5/16" x 5" and then put a 1" brake on the one end, from there it's just putting the LINQ parts on where you need them and trimming excess material off

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use ROTOPAX and their systems. Expensive, but would help if you run out of gas, or sell gas to your buddy's who didn't think ahead.....haha !! The 3 gallon one seems to be the best for just about any riding and packing other stuff too. It doesn't really take up a whole lotta space if you put it in the right spot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also use the Rotopax fuel container and mount. I just finished puting my 4 gallon on the new 800. Using their base mount and existing voids in the rack I was able to avoid drilling any holes in the plastic as well.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts