Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this 2 up 2015 Can Am Outlander 650 since it was new. it has always chugger engine breaking terribly on down hills. My daughters 57o is a pleasure to ride down hill. is this due to engine size or can this be fixed. I ride on steep rocky grades in Montana (North meadow creek) and rolled it once. Thinking a bout getting a side by side. Any fixes

·
Registered
791 Posts
I find on downhills to give a little bit of throttle to reduce engine braking and smooth it out.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
There are a few options.
there is a guy that does ecm reflashes that can fix that issue, email steve at monster fuel injection. he has a website and a Facebook page.

The 2 small springs in the primary can be removed to lesson the engine breaking, i have never done this but heard it works, worth a try.

you could also get a STM secondary with an encapsulated helix and that will lesson the engine breaking by at least 50% or more.

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander MAX DPS 650
92 Posts
I have had this 2 up 2015 Can Am Outlander 650 since it was new. it has always chugger engine breaking terribly on down hills. My daughters 57o is a pleasure to ride down hill. is this due to engine size or can this be fixed. I ride on steep rocky grades in Montana (North meadow creek) and rolled it once. Thinking a bout getting a side by side. Any fixes
Is your one-way bearing cleaned and greased? When was the last time it was serviced? Dirty and non-lubricated one-way bearings can cause the engine braking not to be very smooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts