Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new here so bare with me. I just bought my 800 last week. Haven't been able to ride much due to the snow. But yesterday I took my quad out on the lake to go ice fishing and it was bogging on me. I thought I had accidentally used the white key because it was acting the same way but I didn't. Like I said I don't have much seat time on it but it wasn't doing this before. Just not sure if this is common while it breaks in or what. Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm new here so bare with me. I just bought my 800 last week. Haven't been able to ride much due to the snow. But yesterday I took my quad out on the lake to go ice fishing and it was bogging on me. I thought I had accidentally used the white key because it was acting the same way but I didn't. Like I said I don't have much seat time on it but it wasn't doing this before. Just not sure if this is common while it breaks in or what. Thanks in advance for all the help.
Assuming it was at operating temp...It sounds like water in the gas...hard to troubleshoot through a forum. Might be worth taking to the dealership if it keeps doing it .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be fair I can't say it was at operating temps. But not far from it. It was used a while before that. Will efi still bog like a carb if cold?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes, if you start it up and go, motor will bog a bit until it warms up..only takes a couple minutes to warm up not nearly as long as a carb though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I suppose it cools down pretty fast while out on the lake.i usually let it warm up for a bit. Prob why I never noticed it. I'll have to just keep an eye on it. Thank you all for the help. It's greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts