Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's still early but has anyone else had luck finding an aftermarket snorkel kit for the 2015 Outlander 1000...BRP makes one but it's quite expensive for what it is...

·
Registered
9 Posts
The snorkels our ******** kit says gen2 but not 2015 but as far as I know the 2015 are still the same g2 frame/motor/clutch isn't it or have they upgraded a few things

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The snorkels our ******** kit says gen2 but not 2015 but as far as I know the 2015 are still the same g2 frame/motor/clutch isn't it or have they upgraded a few things
The CVT exhuast is different. I bought the brp kit...great kit but expensive .

·
Registered
95 Posts
For what its worth ... Last weekend we snorked two of my buddies and my brothers bikes. A 2013 800 Outy, and a 2014 1K Outy using the BRP kits. We then followed those installs with an aftermarket kit on a 2015 brute. The fit on the Outy's was spot on, the finished product was sharp and looked like it belonged there. They sealed everything up nicely, without having to go back and redo anything. Can Am's R&D dept hit a home run on the OE kits. They are totally worth the few extra bucks !!! Now to the aftermarket - OMFG - Just bypass the kit and go to Home Depot. You will save yourself 50 bucks, witch you can then spend on beer to get you through the job. The brute took longer than both Outy's combined. When we finally finished the kit it still looked like a Hardware store job. It poked the plastic out in a couple spots, it rattled, buzzed, and the intakes wouldn't stay put without black gorilla tape. After all that, the first creek crossing netted him a wet belt. I have say, unless you have a heavily modded machine, you will never need anymore that what the OE BRP kit can handle. The price in my opinion, is not a factor, unless your time is worth nothing. Granted I realize its a little apples and oranges since I didn't do aftermarket on either of the Can-Am's, but I cant imagine the outcome would be any different.
Good is seldom cheap, and cheap is rarely good.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I put the OEM kit on my 2012 Gen1 max and am very please with it. I ordered the stealth gauge pod along with the kit instead of that big yellow riser thing to give it the total factory look. Very happy with fit and finish. Everything has stayed dry and I'm careful to never go deep enough or splash up to and around the pod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts