Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is quickly approaching that time of year again. My question is best place to stay. Not looking for the best place to get drunk but a hotel my wife won't mind staying in. I want to be able to ride from the hotel no trailering. Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
If there's even any vacancies. People start booking a year in advanced.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Some told me it was cancelled?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone running a Commander or Maverick on Tug Hill? I would love to get a sxs, but not interested in being ticketed every other weekend for an unregistered vehicle...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Try Ridgeview or the Edge. Probably both full but worth a try. I went a few years back and the crowds of people stuck turned me off on SNIRT. I'll be there most of the rest the year.

Reactions: Aboss014

·
Registered
257 Posts
Is anyone running a Commander or Maverick on Tug Hill? I would love to get a sxs, but not interested in being ticketed every other weekend for an unregistered vehicle...
There were tons of them last year

·
Registered
815 Posts
I went several times last year with some side by sides in my group. We saw the DEC and Sheriff patrol many times and they never gave us a second look. I was told by some locals that as long as your not being an "ass" the police will not bother you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im glad to hear that. I have talked to a few dealers about this issue as well. They said that some guys are registering them in other states, but were not sure if that makes it legal.

·
Registered
815 Posts
You can register in another state, but it's still not legal here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2015 SNIRT INFO:

The Edge has the highest probability of having a open rooms as they have a much higher amount of rooms.

Side x Sides are used heavily each year and the "un published" word on side x sides is that you will not be ticketed for having one (registered or not) unless you are ding something stupid like wreckless riding or destroying peoperty. There is an unpublished agreement between law enforcement and those that host the SNIRT run that the law enforcement will polietly and to the best of their ability 'look the other way' when it comes for registrations on side x sides becuase they realize that the current registration laws are kind of up in the air and they understand how many people have them and how much revenue they bring in each year. So it cant be stated legally in the SNIRT run rules becuase it a common agreement that if posted anywhere someone could be helf liable for. Also this seems to hold true throughout the year as I have many buddies that ride them year round (responsibility) and do not get ticketed. Obviously if you rget out of hand they will nail you and sometimes that the easiest thing to nail you for.

SNIRT 2015 IS NOT CANCLED- Just pushed back a week to hopefully allow the trails to thaw enough so as to not end up like last year with people stuck in the woods at midnight calling 911. IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF HELP AND IT IS NOT A LIFE,LIMB,OR EYESIGHT EMERGENCY-- DO NOT CALL 911. There are plenty of other riders that I am sure would be willing to assist.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts