Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the relocate kit, thinking they would have some instructions inside the but I guess not. Anyone have the instructions needed or know of a detailed videos? I found two YouTube vids but I think they don’t show important parts like how to run the lines. Plus they are pretty fast. Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Relocating your radiator may seem like a daunting task, but really, it's not THAT big a deal......that may have something to do with why there aren't any useful instructions.

Start with pulling the existing radiator out of its factory location, then figure out what hardware you need to fix it to the relocate housing. Temporarily set it in place to get an idea for how the hoses need to be lengthened and re-joined. I'd suspect a 90 deg fitting or two would come in handy here, for the coolant hoses. Then figure out if you have enough fan wiring harness to plug it back in, you should. Might need to pop a clip or cut a factory zip tie to release some slack.

Visually try n figure out where you need to cut your holes for your hoses, a hole saw works wonders. I remember on my old Gen1, there were removable inserts alongside the steering column I was able to cut, that were replaceable if I ever needed to undo it. Try not to put a hole in your entire front plastic fender piece, in other words.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts