Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2017 Defender Check Engine Light

10K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  BombardierBomb 
#1 ·
I have a 2017 Defender HD10. had code P1172, replaced the Pressure and Temperature Sensor, and the O2 Sensor. cleared the code by disconnecting the battery cable. Check Engine light still on, but when I pull codes, it says No Active Codes. is there a way to turn off the Check Engine Light without taking it to the dealer?

#2 ·
Welcome to the site

Is it possible it just needs a little run time to cycle through all its checks before it'll turn off the MIL? Change an O2 sensor in a vehicle, you'll need to run it a couple/few heat cycles before it turns off the CEL on its own. Wouldn't surprise me if your UTV is the same way.

#3 ·
Welcome to the site

Is it possible it just needs a little run time to cycle through all its checks before it'll turn off the MIL? Change an O2 sensor in a vehicle, you'll need to run it a couple/few heat cycles before it turns off the CEL on its own. Wouldn't surprise me if your UTV is the same way.
that's what I'm hoping for. but doesn't seam to be working. taken it on a couple trips with a total of 40 miles. runs great, but light is still on and no active codes.

#4 · (Edited)
If I understand it correctly, we’re only able to pull Active codes. If there is a stored code from a previous random issue that you missed, I believe BUDS is the only way to retrieve it. Your dealer will be able to see all error codes that occurred on your machine, even the one you just fixed. It’s possible you have a stored code causing the CEL to stay on.

Again, it’s how it was explained to me awhile ago, so maybe I’m wrong. But might be worth a look.
Text Black White Font Document

#8 ·
Cool!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.