Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I ordered the super atv 6 inch lift for my xmr but was told that the brake lines are different. I am sure that I will get it figured out once it arrives. But was wondering if anyone has already gone through this process. Any help would be appreciated and if no one has then I will try to document the process to better help other.

Best regards
Jon

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Just do your homework, theres a point where the lifts are far more headaches than they are worth……
You decide where that limit is….

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well got it all taken care of if anyone was following it really wasn't that hard not sure what super atv was talking about. I did add a copper brake washer at the rear line where it meets the rear master cylinder. There wasn't one there. on the front I used the left line on right and put that one against the block and one of the new ones on left side if anyone else trys this or has issues or questions please let me know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What a monster machine! Great job! Have you done any trail riding with the terminators? I was wondering how they compare to the Silverbacks on the trails.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
What a monster machine! Great job! Have you done any trail riding with the terminators? I was wondering how they compare to the Silverbacks on the trails.
Terms are smooth as butter......but just dont pull like a Silverback. Its a give and take......but in most cases, the smoother tire is worth the sacrifice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
terms

They are definitely smooth but I think that they still pull great atleast in the florida mud. the backs would almost bury themselves down here

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well got it all taken care of if anyone was following it really wasn't that hard not sure what super atv was talking about. I did add a copper brake washer at the rear line where it meets the rear master cylinder. There wasn't one there. on the front I used the left line on right and put that one against the block and one of the new ones on left side if anyone else trys this or has issues or questions please let me know.
Doing this one right now myself, gonna get it all done first & then mess with the brake lines, figured it was a simple fix, I thought I might have to get a new block or different fitting cause the threads were different, guess not :th_smiliewoo:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Biggest issue with the lift is the tie rods. I've rode mine a few times since putting the lift on. I don't see the stock tie rod ends holding up. I'm getting a set made with heims. Also since the xmr doesn't have a rear brake on the left side the wheel bearing is wide open. There is no rotor there to help shield it. I wound a bunch of grass up in between the hub and bearing. Wound up in so tight it ate the seals out of the bearing. If it does it again I'm gonna put a brake assembly on that side. The bracket for the caliper is there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It definitely is a chore to put this one on, I've been trying to do everything I could without removing the stuff they say you have to, front is about 3/4 way done, rear should be quick, punching out & punching in the ball joints & the hardest part is how little room you have to work on bolts & such, oh and those bushing wear plates, I tossed em, Got tired of trying to get them in & then lined up, just got to figure out the brake lines when I'm done, I got a 16 renegade xmr & apparently the brakes are different somehow, other then needing some longer bolts my bumper mounts to the shock relocation mount, tie rod ends do look a little weaker then the catvos though we'll see how they hold up, cheap & easy fix reguardless.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure what's going on here but I installed the lift & the rear end widened by 9 inches, front widened by 5 like it was supposed to but the rear end is 4 inches wider then the front, & looks stupid wide, did yours do this as well ?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine is on an outlander xmr but no it didn't widen the rear 9".

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I measured 52 inches with 11in Outlaw 2's all the way around prior to lift, & now I measure 57 on the front & 61 on the rear with the same tires, I guess it is a Renegade issue as I went on you tube to seen some videos of others on renegades & they all look like mine, guess I'll have to add some wheel spacers up front

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a heads up, you don't have to use the extended brake lines on the new renegades, factory lines are long enough, right rear (passenger) was alittle tight so I did swap out that one but all the rest were plenty long enough that all I did was remove bolt from block & secured lines to control arms. You do need to use 1 1/4 - 2in wheel spacers though to make up for the rear sticking so much farther then the front.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys sorry for the long delay I don’t get notifications for some reason and have been on and off the ship with the Navy. Anyway I broke the steering arm and super ATV sent me new style ones that seem way beefier I have broken 3 axles but 2 where 100 percent my fault and the other I believe was the rear brake got worn they got hung up and snapped the CV. Other than that I don’t have any complaints I did have to replace the rear wheel bearings already but I’m now running 34’s so I will accept that the stress is considerably more than stock I’d love to see what some of the others have done here’s a newer pic with a buddy getting on mine

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts