Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone help with this? Seems to run better when it’s warm! Very hard starting when cold.
check engine code P106 will come on and off. at higher RPMs it Runs much better If not on eco mode. At low RPMs, idols for a bit and sometimes stalls. if you feather the throttle then it won’t stall and then after a bit you can let your foot off the throttle and it will idle Very roughly.
WHAT I TRIED:
Map sensor was dirty so cleaned it and put it back. Still problems are the same.
Swapped map sensor with same and that did not change anything either.
Checked fuel pressure And it is 48 psi.
Replaced spark plugs, changeD oil, oil filter, air filter.
it’s only got 220hrs and about 2,200miles.

still Runs sluggish. Smooth running but light on power especially on eco mode It’s totally gutless.
One thing I did try that seemed to help for a while was to spray mass airflow sensor fluid in the intake while it was running. this takes two people as someone has to pump the throttle well someone else sprays short bursts.

What are the next steps in determining what’s the problem?

thanks In Advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I sprayed mass airflow sensor spray (10 X one second spray) in the intake with the engine RPM between three and 4000. this appeared to fix everything! If it wasn’t the MAS that was causing the issue then what was it?
we drive in a very dusty environment and there‘s dust getting past the air filter. How can this be prevented?

·
Registered
60 Posts
found this:

P0106 - Intake air pressure sensor voltage out of range

P0107 - MAP sensor voltage too low

Manifold Air Pressure Sensor voltage too low. Causes: Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector or damaged EM pins, ECM voltage supply low.
The Action: Make sure sensor connector is fully inserted. Measure voltage between harness connector pins 1 & 3 (expected value: 4.8 to 5.1 volts). Measure resistance from connector: EMC-F3 to MAPTS-2 (expected value: < 2 ohms). Measure resistance from connector: EMC-G2 to MAPTS-1 (expected value: < 2 ohms). Measure resistance from connector: ECM-F2 to MAPTS-4 (expected value: < 2 ohms).

Sounds like the MAP/MAF sensor is bad or you might have some wires that have damage.

·
Registered
172 Posts
we drive in a very dusty environment and there‘s dust getting past the air filter. How can this be prevented?
Very dusty here in Arizona too. I’m anal about making sure my filter is clean and seated firmly inside the airbox, cleaning after every ride.

I added this to my filter for a little added protection and also clean it after every ride. Seems to pickup alot of dust, so I think it does help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts