Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 2018 Outlander 570 new (a showroom left over) in 2019. I guess nobody wanted the camo trim, regardless I got a couple grand knocked off the price and loved riding it. I drove it mainly on the the dirt roads and never had a chance to really get it dirty. It has 50 miles on it and suddenly started doing behaving badly. It struggles to start but when it does run it chugs and backfires when pressing the throttle and then stalls out. I drained as much of the gas as I could get out of it and filled it with fresh gas and a dash of injector cleaner and am still having the same problems. Before I drop it off at the dealer I was hoping someone here could give me some advise on the matter.
Thanks a bunch and I really enjoy reading stuff on the forums.
Randy

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,017 Posts
Welcome to the site, Randy.

If it's not giving you any codes to work with, the problem may be purely mechanical. Seeing as how it appears to be throttle-related, I'd be curious if the fuel pump is up to snuff. Do you have a way of monitoring/measuring fuel pressure while it's running?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought a fuel pump tester and will be reading up on how to use it lol. I will come back with whatever reading I get. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,017 Posts
System pressure on these bikes should be around 51 psi.

·
Registered
2015 outlander 800r xmr
96 Posts
I understand wanting to get to the bottom of the issue yourself but with 50 miles on the bike I believe I would have the shop I bought it from involved in this why else pay for a warranty? but its all up to you. how long has the fuel been in the bike any chance its bad or has some water in it? hows the air filter look? not sure were your at but any chance a rodent could have built a nest in the air filter or the exhaust?

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I have problems like this it is almost always fuel related. Since you have ruled out the gas, then it is likely the fuel pump or the EFI.

Disconnecting the hose from the fuel pump you should see it pumping out fuel with the ignition on. If that checks then it is the EFI. IMO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought a fuel pump tester and will be reading up on how to use it lol. I will come back with whatever reading I get. Thanks
Did you ever figure out or what the issue was? Was it fixed? I bought 2 Outlanders, one with 2 miles and the ither with 200 and they both staft up fine, but will run for anout 25 seconds and then sputter and stall. When I can get it into gear to ride it, it bogs down, seems and sounds like there is a sharp gasp for air, drops idle just after, then I tap the gas, it struggles to stay rough idling, and just sounds horrible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you check your plugs? I recently had similar issues and one of my plugs was fouled; I had cleaned filters changed fuel and it turned out to be simple fix. Good luck

1 - 10 of 9 Posts