Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, the wife and I are looking at getting a 2019/2020 XMR 1000 outlander and the dealer is saying the outlander max passenger seat won’t work on it? I thought it would fit just like the Max but they say different. Can it be done? Thanks & God bless.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unless they have changed something on the new models it should fit fine. I was told the same thing when I ordered the seat for my 16 but I already knew that all I had to do was pop the plastic cover off the spot it clips into since a friend of mine had already done it on his.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless they have changed something on the new models it should fit fine. I was told the same thing when I ordered the seat for my 16 but I already knew that all I had to do was pop the plastic cover off the spot it clips into since a friend of mine had already done it on his.
Do you have a pic of the cover to remove?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unless they’ve changed something I’ve had the two-up seat on my ‘16 & ‘18, Outlander XMR 1000, as it’s built on the max frame as well. Remove the factory tool box behind the seat and you’ll see a plastic tab in the middle towards the rear of the bike, pop that off and it’ll expose the metal bar the seats lock onto, there’s also a factory plastic bar under the back of the driver seat that the two-up slides under then click the back onto the metal bar. Again this will work unless they’ve changed something with the new wider bikes, but I can’t see it.
21C06171-D7D6-4EB1-B55D-6D51EAF59312.jpeg
CB713224-74B6-451F-829A-D009838A0C68.jpeg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless they’ve changed something I’ve had the two-up seat on my ‘16 & ‘18, Outlander XMR 1000, as it’s built on the max frame as well. Remove the factory tool box behind the seat and you’ll see a plastic tab in the middle towards the rear of the bike, pop that off and it’ll expose the metal bar the seats lock onto, there’s also a factory plastic bar under the back of the driver seat that the two-up slides under then click the back onto the metal bar. Again this will work unless they’ve changed something with the new wider bikes, but I can’t see it. View attachment 95873 View attachment 95874
Awesome! Thank you so much! Coming from almost 20 years of Yamaha, I figured I’d try a Can Am. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unless they’ve changed something I’ve had the two-up seat on my ‘16 & ‘18, Outlander XMR 1000, as it’s built on the max frame as well. Remove the factory tool box behind the seat and you’ll see a plastic tab in the middle towards the rear of the bike, pop that off and it’ll expose the metal bar the seats lock onto, there’s also a factory plastic bar under the back of the driver seat that the two-up slides under then click the back onto the metal bar. Again this will work unless they’ve changed something with the new wider bikes, but I can’t see it. View attachment 95873 View attachment 95874
I will post pics of my 2020 XMR when get it back from dealership. Something tells me the passenger seat is different then Max or any other.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
So how did it work out.

I’m looking at buying a 2019 this week and need to add a seat also. Thanks

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
The passenger seat seat fits. I’ve got a passenger seat on my 2015 xmr 1000 and one on my wife’s 2020 xmr 1000....2015 was the first year of the new passenger seat and how it attaches and nothing has changed since. It’s still the same seat and it attaches the very same way...what “minerescuecaptain” pointed to in his picture is exactly the same on all 2015-2020 xmr 1000s and any other outlander max......they are all attached the same way so, it fits...

·
Registered
267 Posts
100% it fits. I got one too on my 2020 XMR 1000. Question for folks are any of you locking your seats down so no one can steal them? These two up seats are over $600 and very nice. Curious if you are how you are doing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
100% it fits. I got one too on my 2020 XMR 1000. Question for folks are any of you locking your seats down so no one can steal them? These two up seats are over $600 and very nice. Curious if you are how you are doing it.
I never thought about it. It is always in the garage or on a trail but with rider on it:) if you leave it overnight in the bush, maybe.

·
Registered
267 Posts
More thinking about when your riding and go into a restaurant you want to make sure it's safe. Or if your camping and have to leave it outside overnight. I find myself in both situations often.

·
Registered
833 Posts
More thinking about when your riding and go into a restaurant you want to make sure it's safe. Or if your camping and have to leave it outside overnight. I find myself in both situations often.
Would there be a way to rap a small chain around the seat to the rear rack. Might keep your mind at ease.

·
Premium Member
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000r Max
63 Posts
I would drill a hole through the release handle and a pilot hile through the back and run a tamperproof torx screw through it. Most likely someone who may try to steal it would not have a tamperproof torx driver in their pocket. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a Carma, just lost driver XMR seat on a hwy, seems latch is very flimsy and might open when vibration occurs. New one is $300 CA + Tax....paid in tears

1 - 20 of 20 Posts