Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying an exhaust for my outlander, its a 2019 570 XT. I use it for work everyday and put a lot of miles on the machine weekly through the summer. I like loud, or a good tone so no issues there. I would like an opinion on 2 subjects:

#1. Which brand do you recommend? I have been looking at Big Gun, a few guys like them, others don't and recommend HMF, so if you have experience with them what do you think or what brand would you go with?

#2. Which power box should I go with? One reason I am getting this is to keep temperatures down since the atv's are lean from the factory and last summer the engine ran pretty hot, even with the black plastic engine covers off. My goal is to richen it up a little for efficiency and cooler temps. I have looked at maybe sending the ECU in for a reflash but I don't want to go that route.

If you have any personal experience, any advice is much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
649 Posts
I don't have any experience with aftermarket exhausts but I read a lot of good things about RJWC exhausts.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
#2. Which power box should I go with? One reason I am getting this is to keep temperatures down since the atv's are lean from the factory and last summer the engine ran pretty hot, even with the black plastic engine covers off. My goal is to richen it up a little for efficiency and cooler temps. I have looked at maybe sending the ECU in for a reflash but I don't want to go that route.
Welcome to the site.

I'd tell you to re-think your anti-ECM-reflash stance. Those guys can do far more for drivability, than a "simple" blinky-box tuner. ECM reflash can lower fan-on temperature, richen AF map, increase throttle response, etc.

Unless you've got access to an ATV dyno, for use in actually taking advantage of the tuneabilty those boxes offer, you'd just be flying by the seat of your pants, or their recommended tunes based on others' bikes. Not real sure the upside to that approach, as opposed to getting your ECM reflashed.

Reactions: Jlew-tga27
1 - 3 of 3 Posts