Trying to figure what I need to order here HEL Performance Custom Brake Hose
this is what I want the Pic is Zrock's ride, like this Idea
brake line.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know what fittings 1 & 2 are, name and size maybe if Zrock would chime in, I am sure not the only member interested in this
brake line 2_LI (2).jpg

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
just send hel the picture they will be able to tell you what it is.. I can't remember... The bar end i ordered in a 45% bend but get something bent a little more as i had to tweak it just slightly. When i ordered mine i ordered 2 of them just incase i messed one up..

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just send hel the picture they will be able to tell you what it is.. I can't remember... The bar end i ordered in a 45% bend but get something bent a little more as i had to tweak it just slightly. When i ordered mine i ordered 2 of them just incase i messed one up..
That's what I did yesterday sent your picture and after a few emails back and forth he new what I wanted
ordered 3, Zrock If you came up with this extension part, damn good idea (y)

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if that ain't fast service what is, if anyone is looking for a brake line extension copy the picture and say you need this. to the members who recommended HEL canada thank you

20210601_171415[4265].jpg

Reactions: BombardierBomb

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Unfortunately I cannot take credit for this one... they seemed to get used allot over in the Uk and that part of the world for guys adding risers and different bars to their street bikes. Could really not find alot in Canada and the US...

All I know for sure is it saves a lot of time trying to get a few inch of extra inches of line when adding risers.. for the price it's not worth the time trying

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You do deserve some credit you brought it to this forum I have searched for hours & hours in the past looking for something like this to get my brake lever back where it was and relieve the stress off the line also have a 3 inch riser from Original Mods Design to install on top of a cecco racing stem should bring that up to 3 5/8 right where I need it

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Haha yes I know the feeling of searching for hours... I work in the parts dept of a truck shop. I'm well known for finding the impossible

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
installed the extension today fixed one problem but created another by adding the 3 inch riser, has anyone extended the electronic throttle can you just add wire, splice in a 6 inch piece also is there a trick in removing air from the extension line I just added
brake line (1).JPG

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I had more than enough on the throttle control and still have lots of slack. The extension I bleed most of it at the connection.. I cracked it open and let it gravity feed for a bit... then got someone to help by working the lever while I bled their and at all the bleeder... still had a little bit in their but after some rides it must have worked its way back up to the top and out they are good now...

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spliced 5 inches of wire to electronic throttle ITC 6 wires total, 6 wires for the 4wd & work sport settings all in all happy with the way it worked out with the brake line extension 3 inch OMD riser

throttle.JPG t2.JPG
t2.JPG

Reactions: BombardierBomb

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Looks like u did it right heat shrink and solder.... nice work.. surprised u had no slack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well if that ain't fast service what is, if anyone is looking for a brake line extension copy the picture and say you need this. to the members who recommended HEL canada thank you

View attachment 102872
I want to order these as well... will order from US site so I won't get the same crew that built these. Did you get a build sheet with the order, or any specifics?

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You should be able to show these guys the picture and give em a length and they will work their magic... they are world wide and have a great reputation

·
Registered
2016 Outlander 850 Max XT SOLD soon shopping far a 2022 !!
167 Posts
Sent an email this afternoon and 20 minutes later reply with details and they even asked what color I would like the hoses.

great service !
Can't wait to order
Luc
Canada

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want to order these as well... will order from US site so I won't get the same crew that built these. Did you get a build sheet with the order, or any specifics?

Thanks..
No build sheet, the guy who I was dealing with is Justin Email that pic to him, as zrock said just let them know what length you need. the ones I ordered is a 6 inch zrock's are 4 inches and let him know your in US he probably just email HEL performance US what they need to fill your order

Just put on 2 inch riser on the 850 there is no slack at all on the brake line on a full left turn thought I was going to rip it right out of its fitting now the 850 has a 6 inch extension

Reactions: Ebwan1
1 - 16 of 16 Posts