Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2019 Renagade 570 (Bone stock) for my wife. It absolutely will burn a hole in your leg. I been searching on the fourms and cant seem to find an answer. I know u can get a fuel tuner or a ecu flash. what would be a good choice just to get the bike to run cooler? Do i need to change exhaust ? Buy A dobeck tuner? or can i leave stock exhaust and buy just a fuel tuner? I just need it to run cooler is the bottom line. My wife burnt herself yesterday so i need to find a solution asap.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Makes me a little Leary when company's do not post prices... sorta like a free for all...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you want it to run cool do these 3 things!

1. Aftermarket (less restrictive) exhaust- Yoshi is awesome for the $$$
2. Fuel controller. Power Commander 5 (aka PCV) is arguably the best
3. ECU flash (i used Monster) Had my fan set to kick on at 185 instead of 202, low gear top speed set to 35, more fuel and timing added, set to run at 93 octane, reverse limiter removed and limp mode speed limiter set to 25 vs. 15. Now you can have them set it to whatever you want, but they did exactly what I asked them too. Very happy with the result.

4th thing and I think it's worth mentioning is the rad relocate. If you want your bike to run cooler I truly believe this is great mod. These engines run hot so optimum airflow to the rad and it being clean is essential.

My bike runs cool and I ride it hard. Before the flash it would cook my legs sometimes. Now it's like riding my old King Quad 700. It gets warm, but it's not bad at all!

·
Premium Member
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000r Max
106 Posts
Take a look at the 2020 model and see where they put breathing holes in the fender wells. You may want to take a hole saw and do the same so cool air will pass along the exhaust system. Everything listed above will help too!

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's a good point. I'd pull out all fender wells.They restrict airflow to the motor itself and make it harder to clean the bike. I ripped mine off. They are useless IMO. I feel their removal helped aid in the bike running cooler. every little bit helps.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
A lot guys on here have sent their ecu to this guy to reflash and have had good results. I believe it’s only $100...

(I believe this is the place , you might want to ask on here to double check).

...also you can add “floor and tunnel “ from DEI performance to the inside of your plastics to help with the heat as well...but a reflash will help more than anything else...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most heat near your left leg is radiating from the exhaust pipes. Header wrap the exhaust pipes from engine to muffler. 2 layers will make a significant difference. $12-15 will get you a 50 ft roll. cheap and effective. win - win. Definitely made a difference on my renegade and outlander.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought a 2019 Renagade 570 (Bone stock) for my wife. It absolutely will burn a hole in your leg. I been searching on the fourms and cant seem to find an answer. I know u can get a fuel tuner or a ecu flash. what would be a good choice just to get the bike to run cooler? Do i need to change exhaust ? Buy A dobeck tuner? or can i leave stock exhaust and buy just a fuel tuner? I just need it to run cooler is the bottom line. My wife burnt herself yesterday so i need to find a solution asap.
Hey Ecofx86, thanks for reaching out and for bringing your concerns to our attention. BRP strives to produce quality units and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please send us an email to [email protected], or call us at 1-888-272-9222, we would like to hear your story and report on this heat concern. Please ensure to make a reference to your username or this forum when you reach out as well as providing your VIN. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Talk soon, Vanessa-BRPcare

·
Registered
2018 outlander 1000 XT, all stock
138 Posts
Good luck BRP does not help with anything, they just want your money

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey Ecofx86, thanks for reaching out and for bringing your concerns to our attention. BRP strives to produce quality units and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please send us an email to [email protected], or call us at 1-888-272-9222, we would like to hear your story and report on this heat concern. Please ensure to make a reference to your username or this forum when you reach out as well as providing your VIN. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Talk soon, Vanessa-BRPcare
Brpcare.... not trying to be rude or anything. But their are reports all over on units all the way to the 1000's of customers complaining that these machines run hot. So this is nothing new and brp knows about it. My 850 runs hot and my buddies can feel the difference. Their machines are a few years older and everytime we stop their cooling fans are on where mine is not... lots of people have posted and purchased tuners so they could get the temps lower.. something a customer should not have to do. I even asked my dealer if they could program the fan to come on 3-5 degrees cooler and they said that is all locked... I think u need to perform a recall and reflash the machines and fix the problem.. before you have a bigger problem on your hands

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think u need to perform a recall and reflash the machines and fix the problem.. before you have a bigger problem on your hands
Full agree with you. If it is possible to fix with a reflash, BRP should give the chance at least, paying or not but give the chance.

·
Premium Member
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000r Max
106 Posts
My service guy tells me BRP has it all locked up. The service guys cannot adjust the parameters. I suggest BRP change this policy and make these machines user customizable through their dealer's service department so we don't have to pull our control modules and mail them out to be done by underground coders! We purchase these products which means they are ours to do as we please. It is our choice and will if we want them to behave the way we want. Period.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts