Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree they should open them up. In the meantime I think the biggest difference I have seen came from wrapping the pipes. I did this on both of our machines and it made a huge difference.

·
Registered
379 Posts
one thing i noticed the other day is the belt exhaust that looks like it routs into the heat shield on the exhaust mine is no ware near being connected... Did not think nothing of it until now..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well after its sold it's the customers choice... they should give us the option of changing the programming...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Zrock I saw the same with my belt exhaust but didn't try to jam it back in there, did you get it to fit better? I noticed it but didnt give it much thought at the time...

·
Registered
379 Posts
No I did not jamb it back in.. going to take a pic and let warranty do the work... it looked like it was 3/4 of a inch away and seemed pretty solid...

As far as can am braking the law that is pretty far from the truth after it is sold... how many dealers install aftermarket and hop up parts tuners etc? It's up to the owner not the shop... I have worked at several automotive shops were we had access to change parameters if we wanted to, also work at a truck shop were we can go in and change settings..

I emailed brp customer support and I must say the response back just pissed me off...

·
Premium Member
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000r Max
106 Posts
Brp doesn't want these things to run hot.

Blame the EPA for this bs.
A choice to break the law?
Brp can't do that.

Brp is held to strict emissions laws.
First of all who under what authority is telling BRP they can't do something? What laws and who's laws? Your laws? My laws? Murphy's laws? Roman Civil laws? Common Laws? Nature's laws?
Since laws are derived from the people by the consent of the people, I don't remember ever taking part in the creation of any law. Have you?
We have not had a government since 1861 when the south walked out of Congress. Now a foreign banker owned corporation named UNITED STATES INC was contracted to provide 19 essential services to the people in 1871 until the people return to self governing. That's what we have today. How does a foreign pirate enslaving the people become something for the people or their businesses to willingly comply with? There is no lawfull standing and jurisdiction. Is this America or the USSR?

Edit:
Sorry about the rant. I sometimes get a little agitated when I see people's rights being ignored and people being bamboozled. I have certain knowledge of history that certain international bankers do not want us to have. We are all created in the creator's image. Nobody tells the creator what he can or can't do, so what makes anyone thing they can do the same with us?

·
Registered
511 Posts
The epa has the authority. I believe this is what you are looking for Regulatory Information by Topic: Air | US EPA. A vehicle can only produce so many hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, or whatever they produce according to the epa. So to meet these standards they run lean.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
not going to tun this into a pissing match.... Plain and simple BRP knows their is a issue but they are not going to do anything about it. They may do something if everyone starts emailing BRP with the same complaint. Even something as simple as changing the temp the fan comes on at would have made a huge difference their is about 5-10 degree difference between the older machines and the new

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Who told you there is a difference?
Only people to know is tuners or competent buds users.

You seem to not get it that brp cannot change the fueling.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well you answered your own question on the first.. as far as the second yes brp can fix the issue and still remain within emissions.... if u want to go that theory of they have to stay within emissions then most of the aftermarket tuner parts and accessories are illegal so min 50% of the machines are illegal and quite a few dealers are doing illegal mods... prior to 2015 or so the machines did not run as hot but were about 9hp less give or take.. so if they could make a cooler running machine then they can now... you must be a dealer, tech, or brp rep....

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think emissions standards get tighter every year and any aftermarket tune/tuner is considered "for race use only".

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just like diesel pickups. Epa got tighter every year. Then people started doing deletes to get rid of emissions crap. Then epa cracked down on that and cleared the shelves of deletes and gave people with it big fines. I spect eventually that is what will happen with atvs. The governor ruins most things it is involved in.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Well you answered your own question on the first.. as far as the second yes brp can fix the issue and still remain within emissions.... if u want to go that theory of they have to stay within emissions then most of the aftermarket tuner parts and accessories are illegal so min 50% of the machines are illegal and quite a few dealers are doing illegal mods... prior to 2015 or so the machines did not run as hot but were about 9hp less give or take.. so if they could make a cooler running machine then they can now... you must be a dealer, tech, or brp rep....

Running hot is part of meeting the emissions. Part of the process.

Running cooler = higher emissions output.

Newer machines have to meet newer standards.

Do some research. You may figure some stuff out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Damn this got crazy real quick. Brp care wants to fill out an accident report and then send it back to the dealer. I gave them pics of my wife's leg which got burnt again the weekend following my original post. We ride way too much for this bike to be sitting at a dealership. Knowing that they going to tell us this is normal for this bike. Im going to either buy her some riding boots or just pay a shop to fuel it and tune the Ecu! Here is a pic of the bike,its a 2019 we bought November 2019!

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Have you looked into over the boot riding pants for your wife? The have a patch on the inner leg to protect against heat and such they offer some more protection that a pair of regular pants against sticks and such as well work really well that is all i wear and has saved my leg from a stick poke several times.. Time you find a boot high enough to protect her leg she might find it a little uncomfortable especially if you try a motorcycle riding boot they are the most uncomfortable thing i ever had when i rode bikes

21 - 40 of 46 Posts