Can-Am ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That would be smart to wear protective pants or boots. I need to look into that for sure. I may be swtiching gears and have Ray At Wholeslae atv do a mail in flash!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Folks need to stop whining and using this forum as a sound board for your personal beliefs. This is a forum to help each other out and that's all it should be used for. If you want rant do it on FARTFACE or SNAPCRAP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Today My Ecu Is in the mailed headed to Wholesale ATV for Ray to put a tune on it! Ill keep you guys updated!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I fried my leg as well - it was only 70f out.... what will happen it it gets warm over the summer. Didn’t have this issue on my 2007 Honda or 2015 Polaris. I’ve read on here that you can change the eco to have the fan come on at ~180 instead of ~208 (factory set up).

The part I don’t understand is considering the thermostat is 145 and factory fan setting is triggered often, wouldn’t the fan just run almost constantly if it was set to turn on at 180?

What else would you do if your machine is running 20 degrees cooler? ....exhaust, plugs, ??

·
Registered
451 Posts
I fried my leg as well - it was only 70f out.... what will happen it it gets warm over the summer. Didn’t have this issue on my 2007 Honda or 2015 Polaris. I’ve read on here that you can change the eco to have the fan come on at ~180 instead of ~208 (factory set up).

The part I don’t understand is considering the thermostat is 145 and factory fan setting is triggered often, wouldn’t the fan just run almost constantly if it was set to turn on at 180?

What else would you do if your machine is running 20 degrees cooler? ....exhaust, plugs, ??
Interesting.. I just started riding mine in sport mode the last 2 rides and I thought the fan was coming on way more. Even kept running after I shut the machine down it never does that on normal

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
So, if you have e the ecm adjusted, what is the correct approach. Temp only? Anything else while they have it?

is it difficult to pull the ecm?

I still wonder if having the fan come on earlier will do much more than wear the fan out ? Then the question is it does work and the bike runs 20 degrees f cooler, then what else has to be adjusted? Do you need different exhaust or plugs or. ...?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have my fan set to come on at 185 degrees. It runs a lot when it's really hot outside, but not all the time. When it's cooler outside it doesn't run much at all.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well after its sold it's the customers choice... they should give us the option of changing the programming...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
As Awful K said earlier in the thread, its not a BRP thing its an EPA issue. Brp has there hands tied running lean because of the EPA and running lean causes heat. BRP did attempt to help customers out with the lean conditions years ago only to get caught and it cost BRP millions of dollars to fix the machines they had previously sold, ultimately causing the DS450 line up to be pulled indefinitely. It was know as the pink wire mod on DS450s "google search it" what it did was add a program into the ECU if a user wanted to add a free flowing pipe and open up the air box this pink wire mod would compensate with extra timing and fuel thus giving you more power and making it easier and cheaper for the owner to correctly do this. the only thing you had to do to open up this new timing and fuel file was to cut a pink wire that was located near the ECM. BRP tried and got hammered for this so now its up to the end user and the after market to come up with solutions.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok. Does everyone seem to use wholesale atv or is there another place to go? I went on their web and they don’t mention temp/fan timing but it may be one of the “everything from.......” items. They aren’t taking phone calls on ecm flaming, so they just want you to mail it in (and pray) 😂?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ok. Does everyone seem to use wholesale atv or is there another place to go? I went on their web and they don’t mention temp/fan timing but it may be one of the “everything from.......” items. They aren’t taking phone calls on ecm flaming, so they just want you to mail it in (and pray) 😂?
There are different places that do it and some do different things and some are better for certain applications so it depends a lot on what your wanting to do and your rinding style. Bom racing jeff ross has a great flash for G1 machines but it requires you to do a few more things, i believe he has a flash for g2s as well now, Mr RPM has one for both G1 @G2s but i don't think he adds fuel or timing to his flashes so yo need a separate fuel control as well and the knowledge to tune. Monster fuel injection does both and he can do anything on G1 and G2, then there is wholesale atvs and i believe he can do it all as well including fuel and timing. i think i do remember when whole sale starting doing them a while back they had not figured out the code to change when the fan came on but i believe they have it now but I'm not 100% sure. its hard to get good info on any of there sites because most don't update them, most prefer a phone call or text or email.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think wholesale ATV said they can do temp (it’s in a different thread - not on their website).

I still don’t see how changing fan temp will lower operating temp (just make the fan run more). I think, if I’m reading right, they will adjust other things like fuel and timing (Or ?) to help temp or operation at lower temp.

I’m a little worried about turnaround timing.....I hate to be without my ATV for two weeks but I think I have to. I can’t fry my leg all summer.

I’ll try to talk through it with him, butt when I called the message said no phone calls on ATV Ecm flash....just mail it in.

·
Registered
2016 Can Am Outlander L DPS Max 570
14 Posts
So same thing here, this is what I have done. I reloacted the Rad. Wrapped the exhaust tube with 2 wraps of header tape soaked in water. Added heat shield to the heat panel covering the exhaust. Added new exhaust GSE I believe, added a super cooler water pump. And lastly got with my ac buddy and used his ac spray for ac coils, shit man that alone was amazing it brought black shit up from inside the rad that I didnt know was there. That helped me so much. Sorry added a fan switch where I can turn the fan on when I want.

I bought a 2019 Renagade 570 (Bone stock) for my wife. It absolutely will burn a hole in your leg. I been searching on the fourms and cant seem to find an answer. I know u can get a fuel tuner or a ecu flash. what would be a good choice just to get the bike to run cooler? Do i need to change exhaust ? Buy A dobeck tuner? or can i leave stock exhaust and buy just a fuel tuner? I just need it to run cooler is the bottom line. My wife burnt herself yesterday so i need to find a solution asap.

·
Registered
2017 850 XTP
37 Posts
In the same situation with a 2017 850
Just installing now to help:

Monster ECU Reflash
Ceramic coat stock exhaust pipes
HMF Titan QS slip on
Boysen water pump upgrade

·
Registered
451 Posts
Whats his pricing and turnaround time? sucks that they are in ontario and im in BC. Id almost be interested in buying the handheld just so im not without a machine for 2 weeks

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Whats his pricing and turnaround time? sucks that they are in ontario and im in BC. Id almost be interested in buying the handheld just so im not without a machine for 2 weeks
i did one from steve about a year and a half ago for a G1. He is great to deal with and gives you way more time than most other people or companies do answering questions. i think i paid $350 for the G1 tune but i believe the G2 tunes are $250. I'm in the states so it took a little longer for shipping but it was only like an 8 day turn around or less. the hand held unit i think your taking about is the power vision 3, it don't come close to doing everything steve can do, IE remove Dess so any key will work even a pouched key, raise limp mode settings, remove reverse limiter, adjustment to idle, the list goes on. the power vision is great and a big step forward and will only get better in the future the the ecm reflash is still a good option to especially for guys with 2018 and older machines

41 - 60 of 97 Posts