Can-Am ATV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Can Am Outlander L DPS Max 570
14 Posts
Great company to work with too figuring out what ecu changes to make

Learned a lot in the email exchanges
So the ECU flash is it just to make changes with the Temp? Or dies it also help with HP and torque? You said trying to figure out what ecu changes to make Im interested in what you are trying to do and what he can do.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Changes timing, fuel, no speed limiters, fan, torque limiters. Bike starts and runs like stock. Little faster, little snappier, not a dog after 65 mph. Maybe 5% harder on fuel and way, way cooler.

You can change as much or as little as you want. Up to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Changes timing, fuel, no speed limiters, fan, torque limiters. Bike starts and runs like stock. Little faster, little snappier, not a dog after 65 mph. Maybe 5% harder on fuel and way, way cooler.

You can change as much or as little as you want. Up to you.
So Steve at wholesale ATV? Thanks again

·
Registered
451 Posts
i did one from steve about a year and a half ago for a G1. He is great to deal with and gives you way more time than most other people or companies do answering questions. i think i paid $350 for the G1 tune but i believe the G2 tunes are $250. I'm in the states so it took a little longer for shipping but it was only like an 8 day turn around or less. the hand held unit i think your taking about is the power vision 3, it don't come close to doing everything steve can do, IE remove Dess so any key will work even a pouched key, raise limp mode settings, remove reverse limiter, adjustment to idle, the list goes on. the power vision is great and a big step forward and will only get better in the future the the ecm reflash is still a good option to especially for guys with 2018 and older machines
Ahhh i sorta though with the handheld he could send you tunes that you could upload into the machine. In the description it says buy any stage or custom tunes you want. Or am i just reading this wrong?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just verified the handheld does the same thing as sending in u just have to order the tune u want...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
So what is the difference between the Wholesale vs Monster flash other than $250? Is anyone able to compare the two? I need two machines done pretty quick here, temps are rising here fast.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Update!! ECU Arrived here today!!

I put 2 hrs on the bike with the new tune! I let the atv idle, slow riding and some 20 mph cruising. First thing i noticed you literally could smell the exhaust fumes very strongly at start up. So right there i knew the bike was running richer than before! Anywho, I would say that the heat has decreased about 35 percent from the factory tune! I don't know the exact percent but it's HUGE! I cant comment on how much power it gained because i installed 27 inch mudlite 2's. Which i know has taken a lil bit of the overall power. What i can comment on is the fact that the throttle response feels a lil bit more snappier! So all in all its worth every bit of the 100 bucks for the tune! I sent the ecu last Tuesday and got back today. 10 day turnaround! Cant complain one bit! Thank you Ray at Wholesale ATV!!

Btw while i was waiting for ecu to return I got these 27s inch mudlite 2's off amazon for 456.82 shipped to my house in 2 days! Beat the dealer price by 200 bucks!

20200605_151930.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
So you paid 100 bucks for this?

Update!! ECU Arrived here today!!

I put 2 hrs on the bike with the new tune! I let the atv idle, slow riding and some 20 mph cruising. First thing i noticed you literally could smell the exhaust fumes very strongly at start up. So right there i knew the bike was running richer than before! Anywho, I would say that the heat has decreased about 35 percent from the factory tune! I don't know the exact percent but it's HUGE! I cant comment on how much power it gained because i installed 27 inch mudlite 2's. Which i know has taken a lil bit of the overall power. What i can comment on is the fact that the throttle response feels a lil bit more snappier! So all in all its worth every bit of the 100 bucks for the tune! I sent the ecu last Tuesday and got back today. 10 day turnaround! Cant complain one bit! Thank you Ray at Wholesale ATV!!

Btw while i was waiting for ecu to return I got these 27s inch mudlite 2's off amazon for 456.82 shipped to my house in 2 days! Beat the dealer price by 200 bucks!

View attachment 98355

·
Registered
543 Posts
Its like 116 with shipping.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrWillThrowIt80

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
UPDATE: We got to put the Tune to the test yesterday. 5 hrs and roughly 30 miles we rode yesterday with varies speeds and some idle times. My wife completed the trip with zero complaints about Heat. No blisters or heat rashes. Bike ran like a champion! If i ever buy another can am, ecu going straight to Ray day one!

61 - 80 of 97 Posts