Can-Am ATV Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

Registered
My ECM will arrive at wholesale atv today. Hoping this brings temp down and he can program a extra key. Maybe even improve fuel consumption, although not my biggest concern. Of course it will add 20 hp 馃槀馃槀. Does anyone know if different spark plugs are needed after this?

Registered
My ECM will arrive at wholesale atv today. Hoping this brings temp down and he can program a extra key. Maybe even improve fuel consumption, although not my biggest concern. Of course it will add 20 hp . Does anyone know if different spark plugs are needed after this?
Different spark plugs are not needed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Registered
Thanks. Ray called and went through everything this afternoon. Shipping it back now. Hoping to get a good ride in on 19th. I鈥檒l report back on how it does.

Registered
Very interested about if these tunes involves a consumption increase and how much aprox.

Not because the proce but because the autonomy (amount of miles per tank) is important for me.
Depends on what you have done and who does it. if your looking to cure the heat problem, then yes as the way to take care of that is adding fuel. different tuners tune different fuel amounts and different mods make a difference to. i have a monster flash that adds a minimal amount of fuel probably 5 to 10 %. then i have a Bom Flash that probably adds 30% more fuel. i would guess rays would be on the 5 to 10% range. most people what more power too so they ajust timing and with more timing you'll need a little more fuel as well.

Registered
2016 Can Am Outlander L DPS Max 570
So what I have seen just on this thread (which is amazing btw) is that Ray is the guy. With that If Im wrong please say so, when you send him you ECU it will not only help with the heat problem but also add HP and, throttle response.Also not make it run as lean. This sound about right? Will be doing this 1st of Aug when we are on family vacay and wont be able to ride for 10 days anyways.

Side not, I relocated the rad yesterday and added ICE coolant man that was a huge differnce right there went about 8 miles hit mud holes and what not no issues, I plan on searching on here to add a fan switch from the relay.

Again thanks for all alls help I love my can am now gotta get a DS90 for my 4yr old. Has a Suzuki 50 which he hates lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter #87
So what I have seen just on this thread (which is amazing btw) is that Ray is the guy. With that If Im wrong please say so, when you send him you ECU it will not only help with the heat problem but also add HP and, throttle response.Also not make it run as lean. This sound about right? Will be doing this 1st of Aug when we are on family vacay and wont be able to ride for 10 days anyways.

Side not, I relocated the rad yesterday and added ICE coolant man that was a huge differnce right there went about 8 miles hit mud holes and what not no issues, I plan on searching on here to add a fan switch from the relay.

Again thanks for all alls help I love my can am now gotta get a DS90 for my 4yr old. Has a Suzuki 50 which he hates lol.

I did notice the fans come on quicker with the tune. You will be able to smell the richness in the exhaust with the tune. So i can see why they run it lean to pass emissions!

Registered
Well you answered your own question on the first.. as far as the second yes brp can fix the issue and still remain within emissions.... if u want to go that theory of they have to stay within emissions then most of the aftermarket tuner parts and accessories are illegal so min 50% of the machines are illegal and quite a few dealers are doing illegal mods... prior to 2015 or so the machines did not run as hot but were about 9hp less give or take.. so if they could make a cooler running machine then they can now... you must be a dealer, tech, or brp rep....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
As the manufacturer, yes they do have to meet standards. You will not see a BRP licensed shop installing tuners. Once it leaves the shop and an owner undertakes to change the fuel mapping by whatever means, that is not BRP's responsibility. you have 4 options that can be used together in combinations. Pipe wrap ( increases corrosion of pipes), fan over-ride module (Hayden), tuner, and finally ECU flash. You can also add a deflector on the air tunnel around the pipe that runs along the left side. As well, you can add more thermal reflective tap on the inside of the left side panel(s).

Registered
That sucks, I'm 100 percent postive that we can help you with that if you want. Unlocking its full potential. What type of riding do you do in Europe? Trails? Muddling? Just curious
Not a problem to unlock the stock performance, our dealers are in line with our worries and makes easy to tune the ECU's, I don't know how. Only not pretty sure about to reduce the heat, but will ask. Anyway I cannot imagine how can you help me taking in to account the distance, just curious and very appreciated.

About how we ride, basically trails. Most of people we liko to travel to Morroco, like a theme park for trail riding. In Europe almost everywere the trails are forbidden for riding. Additionally Morrocco has a very friendly people and a great gastronomy, so double point.

What I've never seen is mudding here. We have some trial competitions with rocky zones, logs, tires, holes and small mud zones, but never seen an ATV drove as a submarine in Spain :ROFLMAO:. Although this represents a minor use of the ATV's, mostly trail riding, that's way I'm very concerned about the autonomy, not all the gas stations in Morrocco has available fuel when you need and sometimes we ride routes of 450 miles per day.

Do you know the Paris-Dakar rally?, so this is the way we ride. I'm behind this camera riding a '06 Outlander 800:

Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
Good stuff, Krand. I love getting to see how the "rest of the world" enjoys their ATV's, and just getting a glimpse of the culture/area in general. (y)

Registered
2016 Can Am Outlander L DPS Max 570
Not a problem to unlock the stock performance, our dealers are in line with our worries and makes easy to tune the ECU's, I don't know how. Only not pretty sure about to reduce the heat, but will ask. Anyway I cannot imagine how can you help me taking in to account the distance, just curious and very appreciated.

About how we ride, basically trails. Most of people we liko to travel to Morroco, like a theme park for trail riding. In Europe almost everywere the trails are forbidden for riding. Additionally Morrocco has a very friendly people and a great gastronomy, so double point.

What I've never seen is mudding here. We have some trial competitions with rocky zones, logs, tires, holes and small mud zones, but never seen an ATV drove as a submarine in Spain :ROFLMAO:. Although this represents a minor use of the ATV's, mostly trail riding, that's way I'm very concerned about the autonomy, not all the gas stations in Morrocco has available fuel when you need and sometimes we ride routes of 450 miles per day.

Do you know the Paris-Dakar rally?, so this is the way we ride. I'm behind this camera riding a '06 Outlander 800:

Krandenauer,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for my late response took my toys up 3 plus states to do some mountain riding. I live in Florida so where I ride is trails with mud, where I went was mountain riding different set up different tires and what not. However Thank you for the videos Thanks you for showing us your culture and how you ride. We say here Ride Together Stay Together and I very much gathered that from your videos. It is a small community of those who ride and I can see that by your videos as well. Question tho, is that a traditional dance that was performed in the second video?

Thank You Again.

William

Registered
Ride Together Stay Together
That's it, we are actually a group of one hundred people mixed enduro motorbikes, ATV's, Trucks and Trail motorbikes, every year we organize a travel to Morrocco of arount thirty people, 10 days and 1500 miles approx, very good friendship is what matters.

is that a traditional dance that was performed in the second video?
Not actually, just entertainment for tourists. The word "habibi" that they repeat continuously in the lyris means "friend" in arabic language.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts