Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 450
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. I have a 2020 450 and I just turned 20 hours. So I know this thing isn’t a race bike and that I have seen that it is hard to even get the front wheels up ; but mine won’t even spin the tires in gravel,dirt, or grass when I punch it. I expect a little more. Is this normal for these bikes or so I need to take it to the stealership and tell them it’s not performing as it should? I have even tried to hold the front brake to get them to break loose and it just won’t do it!

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,566 Posts
Something sounds "off"......this little '17 450 I've got is plenty peppy, it'll rip up my yard as much as I want, heh, d;oh

Does it feel like it's revving clean and pulling smooth?

Trying to figure out if it's a power generation issue or a power delivery issue

Reactions: Jungleman

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 450
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once it gets going it feels to pull pretty good. It’s just a real dog off the rip.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,566 Posts
Hmm....well, just playing devil's advocate, without any error codes or noises or whatever, I'd be shocked if your dealer took it in under warranty and addressed anything.....guess it couldn't hurt to at least have the conversation with 'em.

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 450
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to bring it up at my 20 hour service. Just wanted to find out if it was the nature of the 2020 450 to be slow off the start Ike this or not.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,566 Posts
Without having any seat time on your bike, I can't specifically comment on what you're experiencing...... it obviously won't have that stump-pulling bottom end that a V-twin would, but it should still easily spin the tires up on gravel/grass especially. A clutch kit that would raise your "stall" rpm could help get the bike up into the power band and increase belt engagement, that could help with the "launch", but I'm not advocating throwing money at something that's a deficiency to begin with, it's just hard to say....

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 500 VTwin doesnt have much torque to speak of. It has gobs of top end for little baby motor but sportsman 570s have far more bottom end than I do. Its a little motor with a faily heavy bike and rubber band transmission. I can drift corners at higher speed no problem, and I can brake the tires loose in 2wd if I turn the bars, but not in a straight line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts