Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these machines programmed to run rich for the break in period. First ride on the new machine only went 55km and burned half a tank of fuel.. I was expecting more fuel compared to my old one was not expecting it to be that bad... It was just a trail run through the trees nothing only a few faster areas when we hit the main logging roads

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just purchase my first CanAm Outlander 850 moving up from a 2007 Polaris 500 and it burns more fuel then the 2007 by far. Have no idea if they are programmed to run rich but I doubt it. Have 33.5 hrs on it so its through the break-in stage. I think break-in time is 10 hrs or 200 miles. It seems to have gotten a little better. Need to fill it up and do a real check

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well hopfully it gets better as things get loosened up.. or I'll have to start carrying fuel.. no room left on my machine for extras

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
You got me thinking. I took the performance key off and put the green key on trying to find a softer throttle on these rough trails and that may have given it better mileage. The timing is about right as to when I noticed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I keep waiting for mine to "get better" - I have close to 1200 kms on it now. I have a 2019 570 Max XT. I get about 180 kms (11L/100 km) out of a tank (20L) - but running on fumes by then. And that's non-agressive trail riding, with me alone on it. My F150 only burns 14L/100 km with the bike in the bed...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be satisfied with 180km. But with the current stats I'd get around 110km per tank... have to see next time I ride and fill up. The local dealer had another customer concerned with fuel consumption but that person could not give details. I'll keep track of my usage

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
You’re lucky if you get that. I’ve got 166 kms on my 2020 850 now and have done 3 full tanks of fuel. Mind you the first tank was the only “easy” ride I did for break in. The rest are up steep hills, hauling dead animals, and drag racing my buddy in is new 650 haha. But yeah, I find it WAY More thirsty than my old 800 outlander, or my 2016 xp1000 Polaris was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts