Can-Am ATV Forum banner

2020 Commander in Northern WI

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Crashin46 
#1 ·
Greetings…the Commander is the flagship of my off-road fleet. Only 500 miles on it in a year, but driven nearly every weekend.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the site!

Reactions: Crashin46
#3 ·
Greetings…the Commander is the flagship of my off-road fleet. Only 500 miles on it in a year, but driven nearly every weekend.
Welcome to the forum! First time I see a white Commander. It sure is different. What else is in your fleet? Show us! :cool:

#7 ·
One that's a fleet! Nice machines you got there. I'd be really interested to hear your review of each machine and how they ride compared to each other.

#9 ·
1998 Polaris Sports 500- this my second one of this model…I bought this one with 1600 miles on it..with plow. This generation of Sportsman were built like a tank. Very strong and durable…without the windshield, the ride is fun and has an “old school” feel. Gotta love the breeze. Suspension is not as forgiving as the other rides. I bought this as a “guest” wheeler…when company wants to go on a trail ride, “old school” fills a role!
2016 Sportsman 570- This one was the first “new” wheeler I ever bought. Got a great end of the season buy on it. Suspension is soft. Power is “OK”. It is pretty much your basic wheeler. But good on fuel and dependable.
2020 Commander- Wisconsin passed a law prohibiting riding two-up on machines designed for a single rider..the Mrs said “go find a side x side”. A dealer was selling these 800s for a killer deal. Wish we had bought 2 of them. This is my wife’s set of wheels. We added the WOC roof, full windshield and doors. The ride of the Commander is so much better than the 4-wheelers. It is much more forgiving on rough trails. The wife likes to drive. Getting covered in mud is not her scene so the doors and windshield have really helped her to enjoy the trail more. Still dealing with the heat of the Commander. The WOC roof is great in winter and keeps us dry, but traps heat and noise. A flip up windshield is in our future. The tail light issue is a lot irritating as the lights went out early but I did not load it up and haul it in.

All three of my fleet are good on fuel. Still amazed at how the Commander sips gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.