Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I just picked up a brand new Can Am Outlander 450 DPS (2020 model). I am wondering, what's the best exhaust to go with? I've been recommended HMF Exhausts, I was also told to check out Yoshi's but when I go to their site I see no option to enter in for an ATV compatibility. Yes I am aware I will need to get a fuel optimizer, I just want to add a little something because the stock exhaust is a dry haha.

If I go HMF, which sounds the best? Titan or Performance? Thanks again!

·
Registered
Outlander 1000 XMR Outlander 650 XMR
56 Posts
When I bought my 1000 XMR (‘21 model) a few weeks back, the service guy told me the Yoshimura slip on wouldn’t require a tune and I could swap it back out if I needed to take it in for warranty work. He said it wouldn’t add much power wise, but it would sound a lot better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I bought my 1000 XMR (‘21 model) a few weeks back, the service guy told me the Yoshimura slip on wouldn’t require a tune and I could swap it back out if I needed to take it in for warranty work. He said it wouldn’t add much power wise, but it would sound a lot better.
Was wondering about those Yoshi's thinking i am gonna swap my stock one out for a Yoshi. I like the thought of having not to purchase a tuner yadda yadda just for 2-3 more hp when with a 1k i think i have all the break neck power i will ever need lol.

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
What's up guys? I just picked up a brand new Can Am Outlander 450 DPS (2020 model). I am wondering, what's the best exhaust to go with? I've been recommended HMF Exhausts, I was also told to check out Yoshi's but when I go to their site I see no option to enter in for an ATV compatibility. Yes I am aware I will need to get a fuel optimizer, I just want to add a little something because the stock exhaust is a dry haha.

If I go HMF, which sounds the best? Titan or Performance? Thanks again!
I really like My GSE Trail Tamer. I had the HMF at first, but it was awfully loud. I took it off after like 2 weeks and put the GSE on there.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Your "service guy" is only going by what the Can Am accessory book says. It's been proven time after time that even the Yoshi, requires a tuner. These things practically need a tuner right off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Was wondering about those Yoshi's thinking i am gonna swap my stock one out for a Yoshi. I like the thought of having not to purchase a tuner yadda yadda just for 2-3 more hp when with a 1k i think i have all the break neck power i will ever need lol.
It's not about "extra power" though. A tuner is mostly to correct the a/f ratio (which is already lean, to satisfy the EPA) when installing and aftermarket exhaust... ANY aftermarket exhaust. Even if they say "no tuner required".

Reactions: xsever

·
Registered
201 Posts
2021 Can-Am Outlander base models MSRP

450 is $6,299 at 38hp
570 is $6,999 at 48hp

450 with Yoshi Exhaust and Fuel Tuner $6,299+$429+$200=$6928 ($71 savings vs 570) at 38hp+negligible+lots of noise.

OR hammer and punch to existing 450 muffler at $6,299 at 38hp+maybe a gain + lots of noise.

You decide?

·
Registered
646 Posts
2021 Can-Am Outlander base models MSRP

450 is $6,299 at 38hp
570 is $6,999 at 48hp

450 with Yoshi Exhaust and Fuel Tuner $6,299+$429+$200=$6928 ($71 savings vs 570) at 38hp+negligible+lots of noise.

OR hammer and punch to existing 450 muffler at $6,299 at 38hp+maybe a gain + lots of noise.

You decide?
Maybe he's not after speed. Maybe he just doesn't want his ATV to sound like a riding lawn mower? In the area I go... 25mph is the ATV limit, everywhere. And they do enforce it. Ask me how I know. So, a 1000 would be completely useless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts