Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2020 Can Am Outlander 650 Mossy Oak Hunters Edition
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody make a lift for this?
I have Elka Stage 3 shocks on it but lost some of the factory lift after I installed it. Just looking for another couple inches, nothing drastic. Thanks in advance

· Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
2,302 Posts
Does anybody make a lift for this?
I have Elka Stage 3 shocks on it but lost some of the factory lift after I installed it. Just looking for another couple inches, nothing drastic. Thanks in advance
@SuperATV can fix you up.

· Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
8,222 Posts
Aren't the Elka's ride-height adjustable?

· Vendor
415 Posts
Super ATV doesn’t have anything that will work.
Yes they are but they are very limited on the adjustment.
Very very soon! We have a bunch of stuff coming out for the newer (2019 - present) models over the next couple of months. Lots of goodies on the horizon if you can hold out. Plus...you get a discount from me for being an active member of the forum.

The portals do bolt right up to your 2020, if you're ready to go with some BIG ol' tires!

· Registered
2020 Can Am Outlander 650 Mossy Oak Hunters Edition
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worries on waiting lol. I just wanted a couple more inches lift. Nothing drastic. Portals are way more than I need lol. I just use it on the deer lease and around the house hahaha

· Vendor
415 Posts
No worries on waiting lol. I just wanted a couple more inches lift. Nothing drastic. Portals are way more than I need lol. I just use it on the deer lease and around the house hahaha
If you're just looking for a little, I think your best option to retain a smooth ride would be to add forward offset A-arms, aftermarket foot boards, and BIG tires. You'll get more ground clearance and not sacrifice the ride with a puck lift.

· Premium Member
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
1,130 Posts
Aren't the Elka's ride-height adjustable?
Typically fully adjustable shocks like this are not ride height adjustable. They are considered "Zero Preload Shocks" and are designed to run this way. When you crank down on the preload it just compresses the "tender spring" in the first and second stage and doesn't raise the bike. Once you tighten it enough the springs will bottom out on the cross-over rings and become useless.

In suspension set up - everything is a trade off.

There maybe something Elka can do to raise the stance but it will take a spring and shim change. Probably

· Registered
105 Posts
In suspension set up - everything is a trade off.
So well said. I found aftermarket shocks did nothing for the ultra-slow technical riding I do. Friggin' awesome for fast trails though. Taking the stock springs and turning them down to the softest setting works best for me. Seemed to allow the tires to get to traction best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts