Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new 6x6 to replace a different machine. I ordered a gun boot mount for the new machine and for the life of me and can't figure out how to mount it. I am open for any suggestions anyone can give me please.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was it a mount for your machine or just a universal mount. If you do a search, there are a few other guys that came up with their own mounts and ideas. I'm with you in that I never figured out how I wanted my boot mounted. I finally bought a couple of those Q-links and made a removable rack for the front so my gun will be easier to get to. I have a fairly short rifle and it works great. I will also say that having my gun that handy has paid off with both moose and grizzly bear. Not having it handy has also cost us several animals. During winter I just unclip it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000r Max
63 Posts
I will also say that having my gun that handy has paid off with both moose and grizzly bear. Not having it handy has also cost us several animals.
That's for sure! Fairbanks area here. Gotta have quick access if you can't hit 65 really fast.. Damn grizzlys are fast!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was it a mount for your machine or just a universal mount. If you do a search, there are a few other guys that came up with their own mounts and ideas. I'm with you in that I never figured out how I wanted my boot mounted. I finally bought a couple of those Q-links and made a removable rack for the front so my gun will be easier to get to. I have a fairly short rifle and it works great. I will also say that having my gun that handy has paid off with both moose and grizzly bear. Not having it handy has also cost us several animals. During winter I just unclip it.
Thanks for the advice. I will look into see how I can modify the bracket Can-am sold me or maybe add on a bracket that will bolt to the link adapter that came with the mount.

·
Registered
66 Posts
For sure! Every area is different. I don’t know about you but this time of year is probably the hardest for me. I’m ready for the snow to go away and switch over to summer playing. We had a pretty big snow year, how was it up your way?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in Anchorage. I am so ready for the snow to go away so I can go play. This time of year is the hardest for me as well, the sun is out but it's still cold out.

·
Premium Member
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000r Max
63 Posts
Got about 4 feet of snow around Murphy Dome area. Just waiting for it to go away. Got lots of plans made for this summer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I guess we are all in the same boat! Speaking of which, my idea of social spacing or whatever the term is, taking my boat out into the sound and anchoring up in some cove! Haha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Funny, just a few days ago I tried to figure out how to mount my 45-70 Trapper ... I figure a piece of plywood bolted to the inside sidewall of the 6x6 box can either hold a bare rifle or any Kolpin gun boot. Plywood could be cut to size and bolted on without 'destroying' the expensive Can-Am plastic. And ya, I'm in Canada's Yukon Territory and chase beagles through the bush ... just ans many bears here as Alaska

·
Registered
66 Posts
Funny, just a few days ago I tried to figure out how to mount my 45-70 Trapper ... I figure a piece of plywood bolted to the inside sidewall of the 6x6 box can either hold a bare rifle or any Kolpin gun boot. Plywood could be cut to size and bolted on without 'destroying' the expensive Can-Am plastic. And ya, I'm in Canada's Yukon Territory and chase beagles through the bush ... just ans many bears here as Alaska
That should work. Whatever fits your bill. I also like to mod things to make them work better for me. It is fun to bounce things off other people and maybe pick up ideas that way. I guess it makes since that those of us on this thread that have 6x6’s have them because we all ride in the same kind of terrain! Lots of swampy muskeg in the northern areas and these machines do pretty well in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts