Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Just purchased this machine for my gf and it’s a great machine but I’m thinking I want to get bigger tires and possibly rims as well. I feel like the machine could use a little wider tire for stability being that it’s a smaller machine. Right now it has the stock set up (25x10x12 rear and 25x8x12 front). Will the time in the pic fit on the stock buck with a 26x11x14 rear and 26x8x14 front. Or should I stick with a 12” rim and just put 26 or 27 tires on it. Any suggestions is appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,017 Posts
Welcome to the site!

For what you're talking about, honestly, it's probably a coin flip, as to what I'd recommend. From an aesthetics and tire sizes options standpoint, upgrading to 14" would be the way to go. I don't even know if I'd try to buy new, but just keep an eye out on your local marketplace for someone selling a set of their stock 14" and kryptids, can usually score the set for a few hundred. That's a no-brainer. Less sidewall on the tire should make for a little more predictable handling.

But if you're overall happy with the machine, and just want improve it a "little", then yeah, just spend a little on the wider tires. I'd even go so far as to say look into wheel spacers, to increase stability.

·
Registered
610 Posts
you can save a lot of money by doing the suggestion above or going with a aftermarket rim... your going to pay at least double on a can am rim

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is the wife's quad on 14 inch rims with the tire sizes you mentioned for reference. I can tell you that her bighorns walk through the holes I have to hammer through with my stockers. I was also debating the move from 12" to 14" rims and ultimately you will have a ton more tire options in 14 inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the wife's quad on 14 inch rims with the tire sizes you mentioned for reference. I can tell you that her bighorns walk through the holes I have to hammer through with my stockers. I was also debating the move from 12" to 14" rims and ultimately you will have a ton more tire options in 14 inch.
I like the way that looks. Is it more stable? Also, is the rear a 10 or 11 wide just to confirm?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Based on riding style I’ve boiled it down to either the ITP mud life or Maxxis Big horn 2.0. Is one better than the other or will either one be good?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
12s or 14s?
I stuck with the stock 12s being that is what’s already on there. Eventually I may go 14’s but her bike is essentially still new being a 2020 with now only 16hrs on it. Not to mention it’s my money being spent and not hers. Lol. I will post before and after.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts