Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outlander 800, 2021 Outlander 850 XMR (May 2021 on order)
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good day all, I have looked to see if this has already been covered and didnt see anything. I just got my 2021 850 XMR and installed a Can Am Yoshimura muffler. I get the odd backfire or pop when decelerating. Should I have this thing hooked to a tuner? if so, suggestions? Am I causing harm?

let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Lean pop. These rigs are lean from the factory for emissions/economy…the pipe makes it leaner. Yes, regarding the pipe the BRP website says, “no retuning required”. It also says, “for race only”. At wide open, the AFRs are still ok with the pipe. In all other throttle positions, it is lean. I’ve dyno’d a few machines and had success with Dobek blinky boxes, but I prefer a reflashed ECU. Monster EFI is in eastern Canada and he is one of the innovators in Can Am reflashing…great service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lean pop. These rigs are lean from the factory for emissions/economy…the pipe makes it leaner. Yes, regarding the pipe the BRP website says, “no retuning required”. It also says, “for race only”. At wide open, the AFRs are still ok with the pipe. In all other throttle positions, it is lean. I’ve dyno’d a few machines and had success with Dobek blinky boxes, but I prefer a reflashed ECU. Monster EFI is in eastern Canada and he is one of the innovators in Can Am reflashing…great service.

thank you for your reply. I am out in Edmonton, maybe there is someone around here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thank you for the info, I assume it was the Power Commander V, did it effect your top speed?
No I used the power vision 3. You reflash the ECU and it gives you better top speed, fixes the lean fuel condition and lowers engine temp along with other things. The part# from DynoJet is PV3-25-10

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's the link, it's for a 2020 but it works for the 2021 as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

excellent, thank you again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

sorry to bug you but one more question, I dont see a tune for the Yoshimura muffler, just the HMF, is that what you used?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Basically what Dave

said. I run the yoshi and had the same result but had planned to get the flash from Monster. After that, no issues.

Reactions: BentBrent2009

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the Dyno Jet, Power Vision 3, I will try it with the HMF tune and see how that works, if not there is a place in town here that has tunes available for the Power Vision. I will let you know how things work out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts