Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on my first ride that there is a nasty audible noise and can feel a high frequency vibration at 4600-4700 RPM range coming from the rear power train or engine. If you rev above this range, it goes away so its obviously a resonant condition where the component making the noise natural frequency is going into resonance. Maybe someone else has experienced this and knows what item is making this noise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed on my first ride that there is a nasty audible noise and can feel a high frequency vibration at 4600-4700 RPM range coming from the rear power train or engine. If you rev above this range, it goes away so its obviously a resonant condition where the component making the noise natural frequency is going into resonance. Maybe someone else has experienced this and knows what item is making this noise?
I have the exact same problem..did you find a solution? My dealer is looking into it but, no success yet..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BRP has a tech bulletin, they drill a hole in the yoke where the two piece driveshaft meet and locktite a set screw. There are also after market carrier bearings from Sandcraft and Super ATV that could be installed that I heard help. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BRP has a tech bulletin, they drill a hole in the yoke where the two piece driveshaft meet and locktite a set screw. There are also after market carrier bearings from Sandcraft and Super ATV that could be installed that I heard help. Hope that helps.
They have done the set screw but not the bearings and still does it..disappointing for a new bike..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea for sure, I felt the same. Its been a problem for Can am for sometime and they dont seem to want to fix the root problem. The set screw is a total band aid. Not only does my unit have this rattle, the front differential sweats oil from day one. Its been at the dealer two weeks for this. I seen the M1 Offroad guys from Michigan use the thickest greese they can find on the splines and it helps. I am having my dealer add a greese zert so I can squirt grease in there perodically. I might have to spend the money eventually after the 6 month warranty is up and get one of those carrier bearings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Ordered my buggy in April….supposed to arrive in June….came mid-July, and brought back to the dealership 3 days after picking it up in order to get that rattle sorted out. After waiting 6 weeks for parts, I picked it up to find that the rattle was not fixed. The dealer had been testing it in 4WD, which eliminates the vibration. I’m beyond furious. BRP is of no help, and the dealer has no more ideas. Definitely should have held off in buying this unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Ordered my buggy in April….supposed to arrive in June….came mid-July, and brought back to the dealership 3 days after picking it up in order to get that rattle sorted out. After waiting 6 weeks for parts, I picked it up to find that the rattle was not fixed. The dealer had been testing it in 4WD, which eliminates the vibration. I’m beyond furious. BRP is of no help, and the dealer has no more ideas. Definitely should have held off in buying this unit.
They came and got mine to the shop for the 3rd time..they’ve looked at the driveshaft, they did the set screws, they even changed the exhaust. Nothing works. I have that rattling annoying noise from 4200-4800 rpm. The strange thing it still does it in neutral..can’t be the driveshaft if it does it in neutral. Any way told them to look at the skid plate. The rattle seems to be coming from underneath somewhere..for a new machine not impressed. I have 100kms..if they can fix that. I’m getting rid of it and coming back to Polaris..never had any issues with side by sides before..

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s discouraging news. I sure wish there was a fix. Mine does it in the exact same RPM range, but noise is eliminated when in 4WD. Haven’t tried it in neutral yet. Believe I’ll be going back to Polaris myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing here. Just got mine a couple days ago and took it out for first ride. lot of noise from the engine area from 4500-4800 rpm. Mine also does it in neutral sitting in the shop. I took the plastic cover behind the rear seat off thinking it was the heat shield attached on the other side. Did not make a difference. Anyone come up with a solution?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing here. Just got mine a couple days ago and took it out for first ride. lot of noise from the engine area from 4500-4800 rpm. Mine also does it in neutral sitting in the shop. I took the plastic cover behind the rear seat off thinking it was the heat shield attached on the other side. Did not make a difference. Anyone come up with a solution?
Sold mine back to the dealer..had 100kms. He sold it to someone else and I lost $700. They don’t know how to resolve the problem..tried everything..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts