Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Can-Am Defender XT HD10
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I purchased a 2021 Defender XT HD10 back in September and I love it. I have added front flip out windshield, back window, roof, hard doors, and a few other accessories (I know, I should've just bought a Limited, but it's a long story). I took a ride in my buddy's new Limited the other day and it is much, much quieter than mine. Essentially we have the exact same cab, so why is his so much quieter? I have searched for a Can-Am insulation kit or something to help with the noise, but really haven't found anything. If you look on their site, it says the Limited comes with the "insulation kit", but they don't provide a part number so you can buy it separately. I've ran across a couple potential products (Can-Am Cab Insulation Kit for Defender | 715004911 & Can-AM OEM Liner Kit | 705800581) but neither provides really any helpful info/description of what they include. Any suggestions for an OEM solution?? I would appreciate it!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I purchased a 2021 Defender XT HD10 back in September and I love it. I have added front flip out windshield, back window, roof, hard doors, and a few other accessories (I know, I should've just bought a Limited, but it's a long story). I took a ride in my buddy's new Limited the other day and it is much, much quieter than mine. Essentially we have the exact same cab, so why is his so much quieter? I have searched for a Can-Am insulation kit or something to help with the noise, but really haven't found anything. If you look on their site, it says the Limited comes with the "insulation kit", but they don't provide a part number so you can buy it separately. I've ran across a couple potential products (Can-Am Cab Insulation Kit for Defender | 715004911 & Can-AM OEM Liner Kit | 705800581) but neither provides really any helpful info/description of what they include. Any suggestions for an OEM solution?? I would appreciate it!!
Man I’ve done the same thing on my ‘21 HD 10 crew DPS and had the same experience in a buddy’s Limited— Out the gate I put on some fairly knobby Sedonas (before the doors) and I really think that might be causing some of the road noise at least at lower speeds. With that said, I think the XT tires are knobbier than the limited so could be some of that for you. I do 100% agree it sounds more like a sound insulation problem tho. I’m eager to hear if anyone else has this issue or has found a solution. I already have S3 springs and 2” Forward A arms so now started looking at 32” Rock-A-Billy’s in hopes of a smoother ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard back from the dealer yesterday. They said the Limiteds have an insulation panel on the firewall and that's it. They have reached out to Can-Am for the part number so I can order one, so just waiting on them at this point. The guy said he thinks it is around $150, so it's not too bad. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard back from the dealer yesterday. They said the Limiteds have an insulation panel on the firewall and that's it. They have reached out to Can-Am for the part number so I can order one, so just waiting on them at this point. The guy said he thinks it is around $150, so it's not too bad. Stay tuned...
I am just doing a XMR with cab components and yes the limited has a felt material felt behind the seats which I think will help lots .
Was thinking about putting that dynomat stuff but will see what you find out ?
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, they called me and I now have one ordered, but they failed to let me know the part number. I will post once I find out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good morning,
It is part number 705800582. You can check it out here: Can-Am Side by Side 2021 OEM Parts Diagram for Body - Enclosure Cab - Back Wall | Partzilla.com. If you Google that part number, the pictures that come up are very misleading, but that site has a nice exploded view of every "back wall" accessory that comes with the cab enclosure. I also ordered some of this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZZ48BM7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_FKZ401S5N4HBCPTAF2BX. I'm going to add a layer between the liner and the firewall if it will fit, because, why not? I will post pictures/feedback once complete, unless my memory fails me 🤔

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning,
It is part number 705800582. You can check it out here: Can-Am Side by Side 2021 OEM Parts Diagram for Body - Enclosure Cab - Back Wall | Partzilla.com. If you Google that part number, the pictures that come up are very misleading, but that site has a nice exploded view of every "back wall" accessory that comes with the cab enclosure. I also ordered some of this: Amazon.com: Noico Black 80 mil 18 sqft Car Sound Deadening Mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and Dampening: Automotive. I'm going to add a layer between the liner and the firewall if it will fit, because, why not? I will post pictures/feedback once complete, unless my memory fails me 🤔
Awesome — Thanks for following up with the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts